• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

nc750/tracer 700 go camping.....

I just went straight to the verdict. If I was the age of the riders who did the test I would probably agree. However at my current point in life I would still go for the NC and indeed I now once again own a variation having been away for a little while.

I say this having tested the latest version of the Tracers big brother, the Tracer 900. It too felt busy and had enough power to land me in a lot of trouble if I were to use it. The "Flagship" steering to me was also evident on the 900, but somewhat of a disadvantage because it did not steer or transition as quickly as I would have liked in a very twisty road situation. The 900 however had one major flaw and that was a serious high frequency vibration patch smack in the middle of cruising revs 4500 or thereabouts. It was indeed a lovely motorcycle but not for me. I was subsequently told that the 700 was more of the same with less power.

People keep reviewing the NC700 for something its not. The NC (stands for Next Corner) is a commuter bike meant for the stop-and-go traffic of the city. It CAN go off-road on the weekend but thats not its strong point. It's like saying a Harley Fatbob sucks at racing. Of course, that's not what its for. Apples and oranges.

Another comparison on that same site is more even-handed about it, and does indeed cite the "apples and oranges" maxim... The NC has some glaring problems though, which most of us realize: not bringing the fuel spout out into an exposed location, a seat that is pretty damn limited, a shorter than average distance between seat and pegs (doesn't bother me for the most part, but I am about to install some highway pegs).

Back