• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NC750X 2016 - Any way to remove cat's eyes from the sides?

mission

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to disassemble the reflective thingies from the sides?
I think they have added this in 2016 model. It doesn't look very good IMO :(

Thanks!

Hi,

Does anyone know if it's possible to disassemble the reflective thingies from the sides?
I think they have added this in 2016 model. It doesn't look very good IMO :(

Thanks!

Are you talking about the rectangular orange ones on the frame down tubes? They're just stuck on with two sided foam sticky tape, I believe. A very gentle prying with a small flat blade screw driver should do the trick. If stubborn, you could pry out a bit at the tops, and then squirt some WD40 down there to help loosen the adhesive.

Might want to put on some masking tape where you are going to pry just in case paint could get scratched, but you shouldn't have to you very much force at all.

As much as they don't look very good, they are technically legally required if so equipped, so police or inspectors could hassle you if they really were looking for something to do. Just something to consider.

Thank you! I've removed both without any tools, just gentle pull did the trick.
I think it's not legally required in my country. I have also large reflective stripes on my pants so safety should not be an issue either.

Back