• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Nc750x octane level 89, 91, 94 - north america

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmezei

Reaction score
Visit site
HI - I would like to know opinions of which octane type fuel we should put in the NC750X model in North America? Should I put premium? I was thinking shell premium?

or is 89 regular just fine?

The manual for mine (NC750x 2016) specs better than 86, so regular is fine.

Edit for clarity: the manual specifies PON rating -
from the wikipedia
"Anti-Knock Index (AKI) or (R+M)/2
In most countries, including Australia, New Zealand and all of those in Europe,[citation needed] the "headline" octane rating shown on the pump is the RON, but in Canada, the United States, Brazil, and some other countries, the headline number is the average of the RON and the MON, called the Anti-Knock Index (AKI), and often written on pumps as (R+M)/2. It may also sometimes be called the Posted Octane Number (PON)."

Last edited:
Putting in hi-dollar premium is not going to unleash 50 extra horsepower hiding in the engine. Hey, it has low compression and doesn't rev-up like other bikes so why bother. Heck, my Accord has a higher red line! :)

It's not a question of opinions. Just use what the owner's manual states. One thing to note is you must use the correct rating system. If your area uses RON numbering, then go by that number in the manual. If your area uses R+M/2, or "pump octane", use that recommendation from the manual.

A warning: This has been discussed ad nauseam in many past threads. Unless there is constructive information added here shortly, this thread will close. The octane thread is the twin brother of the dreaded oil thread.

Last edited:
Propane conversion is the answer.

b3a6f2f0f6d37562357c7c5bee95fae6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back