• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

NCX Fenda Extenda attachment

I like the triumph fork protectors. I think they look great. the gators are good, too but there are some counter argument for them. for one, they do trap sand and gravel and would rub against the fork. It might creat more unnecessary wear.

OK, I'm convinced fork gaitors are good thing to have, but I'm not sure how to find a set that will fit the NCX. Did you (or anybody else for that matter) happen to find some? Read about some wrap-around velcro one by hippo hands, but can't find them either....

I don't like the wraparounds. I bought these on eBay but i don't see them there now. You only need the three dimensions: Fork tube, outer diameter of fork slider, and extended length. Since they are stretchy, you don't need to hit it exactly. I think mine are 41mm x 62mm x 180mm. I put 180,000 miles on a 1992 BMW R100RT with one set of fork seals. I expect similar results here.

gaitors.jpg

Last edited:
I don't like the wraparounds. I bought these on eBay but i don't see them there now. You only need the three dimensions: Fork tube, outer diameter of fork slider, and extended length. Since they are stretchy, you don't need to hit it exactly. I think mine are 41mm x 62mm x 180mm. I put 180,000 miles on a 1992 BMW R100RT with one set of fork seals. I expect similar results here.

View attachment 3789

Where can I order those?

View attachment 3789

" I think mine are 41mm x 62mm x 180mm "

Do you guys think the 65mm would work? I see that there are many out there for 41mm X 65mm...

" I think mine are 41mm x 62mm x 180mm "

Do you guys think the 65mm would work? I see that there are many out there for 41mm X 65mm...

I think that 65mm onthe bottom end would cinch up fine with cable ties or clamps. the bottom end is thinner and more flexible. I would want the upper end to be correct to the fork tubes. You may have to create your own vents for them so they deflate and inflate properly with suspension movement.

Hey, anybody think these might work:

Jammer 9" Black Rubber Gator Fork Boots
Fits 41mm Harley Davidson Wide Glides
Old School "Gator" Fork Boots - Sold as Pair
Unique styling for front forks. Measures 9" extended, 4 1/2" collapsed, 1 5/8" upper ID (41mm), and 2 9/16" lower ID (65 mm).

Less than $40 with free shipping from Amazon. Lee's are more like 7" long though....

EDIT: Just noticed they are about the same length as the Kijimas, so probably too long....

Last edited:
I fitted mine with epoxy glue and 3 rivets. Rock solid so far

How does one attach Rivets? I presume they are pop rivets....but it's been 30 years since I worked with those in Metal shop in Jr. High!
What equipment must I have to do the same rivet install?

How does one attach Rivets? I presume they are pop rivets....but it's been 30 years since I worked with those in Metal shop in Jr. High!
What equipment must I have to do the same rivet install?

I've got one of these:

Hand Riveter Set

Not the best tool, but it works. It comes with some rivets. You might want to use aluminum ones for plastic -- other's can advise you on that. I went with stainless steel screws and nylon lock nuts w/RTV silicone.

I've got one of these:

Hand Riveter Set

Not the best tool, but it works. It comes with some rivets. You might want to use aluminum ones for plastic -- other's can advise you on that. I went with stainless steel screws and nylon lock nuts w/RTV silicone.

I used a very similar tool, and aluminum rivets as you said

Back