• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need a little help

skeedaddle

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok...so you guys have some really great tricks. Let's here em. I want to install a rear hugger which requires removing the rear brake line bracket on the swing arm. One of the bolts in the bracket is stripped and will not come out. It seems the female ferrule the bolt threads into is spinning with the bolt when I try and loosen it. Ive tried to pry up on the bolt while I turn it... but no luck. Any ideas how to remove it?

Can you give a pic of the guilty bolt? I'd be able to tell a lot more by seeing it (and checking the same spot out on my bike).

Try a 1/4" impact gun. Sometimes the vibration and inertia changes cause magic things to happen. Maybe try putting some green Loctite (penetrating) around the nut and let it sit for a day, then try removing the screw again. If all else fails, drill out the screw, get your job done, then either replace the nut insert or come up with a different solution.

Back