• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need help deciding...

Hmcp88

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well I got a superb lead on a Leo Vince exhaust... I really wasn't too interested in changing the exhaust on this bike but the deal kind of got me interested. I can get the stainless steel slip on and cat el pipe for half price. I like the idea of some better sound for sure, but should I do both or just the slip on? Or nothing at all? Normally I wouldn't even think twice, but with this bike its kind of different. Also Power Commander does not offer a PCV yet but are making one, so would I even be safe running it without a fuel manager? I'm not sure if the stock O2 sensor can handle the changes. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Well I got a superb lead on a Leo Vince exhaust... I really wasn't too interested in changing the exhaust on this bike but the deal kind of got me interested. I can get the stainless steel slip on and cat el pipe for half price. I like the idea of some better sound for sure, but should I do both or just the slip on? Or nothing at all? Normally I wouldn't even think twice, but with this bike its kind of different. Also Power Commander does not offer a PCV yet but are making one, so would I even be safe running it without a fuel manager? I'm not sure if the stock O2 sensor can handle the changes. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

why is the exhaust system have price??? without some type of fuel managing system it will run poorly. would like to see four gas read out, hp and torque read outs. motor was not made for free flowing exhaust system. i have a slip on on my nc and did note a leaner running condition off idle, and that is with a cat, would be really bad without it.
any mods like this will really effect fuel mileage, hot starts, cold starts, idle, if this was a cbr600rr the full system could, i say could make more hp and torque but would have to be run on a dyno before and afterwards to see the effects of any mods, and would have to have a power-commander to adjust fuel and timing curves. dale

I guess the way it runs without all the proper pieces of the puzzle is what keeps me from pulling the trigger. New leo Vince dealers get a first time purchase of half off to entice them that's where the deal comes from. I'm nervous I guess to muff up the excellent job honda did with the fuel delivery and mileage on this bike.

I want mine to be slightly louder (and that's rare, I like a quiet bike) but not at the risk of my engine or fuel economy. The NC's just a little bit too quiet.

Audible pipes let cagers know they're about to commit manslaughter. Loud pipes still annoy everyone.

I would leave the cat alone and just get the silencer. I feel the bike breathes better and responds better in the higher rev range than the 2 demo bikes I tried that had standard silencers. Nothing to suggest the bike is running leaner or thistier and that is the experience of several I know with after market cans on their NC.

The bike does not need a power commander in my opinion.

The lovely deep growl an after market can releases is worth the cost of a new silencer as a sewing machine sound is very lame for a bike

Tony

Last edited:
For anyone interested in getting a PCV I emailed power commander and the said they don't have an exact release date yet but are expected to have it out in 3-5 months. Still trying to decide what set up I'm going for but that may help me. I have access to a dyno, so if I run it with the full on it and it is really lean, now I know I can't do anything about it...

I want mine to be slightly louder (and that's rare, I like a quiet bike) but not at the risk of my engine or fuel economy. The NC's just a little bit too quiet.

Audible pipes let cagers know they're about to commit manslaughter. Loud pipes still annoy everyone.

Quiet is very good for me as some of my shifts involve me leaving home before 05:00 or arriving back between 03:00 and 03:30

Well I got the Two Brothers exhaust last night from the UPS and installed. Rode in this morning (30 miles) before posting just wanted to get a good idea of the sound first. Install was easy, taking time about 30 minutes. Made sure to threadlocker everything I could. Sounds are very good, nice V-twin sound I was looking for and its not too loud. In the lower speeds it is loud enough to make you happy but around 65mph its hard to hear which is good to me. Very pleased with sound and appearance.
1.jpg
2.JPG
3.JPG

Back