• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need help removing rear brake line guide bolts

CB4ME

Reaction score
Visit site
Help!

There are two hex bolts holding the rear brake line guide on the top right side of the swingarm. I have tried removing them but the bolts turn and turn without screwing out. The bolts screw directly into the swingarm and there is nothing underneath the swingarm to hold or unscrew.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue? Any suggestions? I am trying to install a Rossocromo rear hugger.

IMG_1945.jpg

You could try carefully inserting a flat head screwdriver under the tab to give some lift to the unscrewing action. Good luck,I will try it myself when I'm back home in a few days

You could try carefully inserting a flat head screwdriver under the tab to give some lift to the unscrewing action. Good luck,I will try it myself when I'm back home in a few days

Thanks - I tried that without success.

Anyone want a good deal on a Rossocromo hugger? Make sure you can remove those bolts if you are interested.

Thanks - I tried that without success.

Anyone want a good deal on a Rossocromo hugger? Make sure you can remove those bolts if you are interested.

Are you unwilling to take it to the next level? No insult intended from me, of course! I fully get why you wouldn't want to muck with the spiteful things, lol :mad:

But, if you were bothered enough, what I would do, is dremel two flats on opposing sides of those fiendish allen bolts, big enough to get a pair of vice grips clamped on. Then pull up hard while turning counter clockwise.

I had the same hellish grief when it came to removing the phillips screws on my Suzuki Samurai's doors, and that is what I did. Although I didn't have a dremel back then, so I had to use a broken piece of 3" long mini hacksaw blade held with pliers, to make the flats. :rolleyes:

Great ideas. Both bolts exhibit the same thing. Neither will unscrew or tighten down.

I'd probably have to pull the swingarm to do the job properly. There's not a lot of room to work with.

Plan B is to offer the unused Rossocromo hugger for sale and take a $45 hit. That keeps me from buggering up the bike. Then buy a DPM aluminum hugger which doesn't use those dang screws.

I actually tried to buy a DPM directly from the Italian manufacturer but my credit card wouldn't go through. The NC700 shop lists DPM huggers and I've already purchased from them - the Rossocromo hugger.... :)

I'm joining "screwed" club as well! I bought a rear hugger as well and I can't those devils out either, time for a "bigger hammer" :mad:

Back