• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need some help, slightly NC700 related.

bulpup

Reaction score
Visit site
As a few of you have seen and commented on my photos, I am launching a new website. It is a motorcylce safety venture and problably quite different then you have seen.

However, as I am coding it myself from a template I have heard one or two people having issue with the way it looks in their browser. SO I would love to hear what you guys think about it, but most importantly, can you see if you are having any issues with the top logo covering pictures?

here is the website

Count Motorcycles - Home

and the press release if you are interested,

The Count Motorcycles awareness game to premiere at the New York
Progressive International Motorcycle Show

By making it a competition, the Count Motorcycles game gets people to do what awareness
campaigns have not - actually look for motorcycles.

Count Motorcycles, LLC has come up with a new game aimed at increasing motorcycle awareness. The game
is a new concept in motorcycle awareness messaging that does what is thought to be impossible – get people to
see motorcycles. The Count Motorcycles game and CountMotorcycles.comwill be premiering at the New York
Progressive International Motorcycle Show with on–air personality “Mistress” Juliya Chernetsky at the Jacob
Javits Center January 18, 19 and 20, 2013.

Dave Accetta, creator of the game says, “I commute by motorcycle in and around New York. I saw a need for
something more effective in promoting motorcycle awareness. I drew upon my experience in advertising and
public service announcements to devise a new approach.
“My philosophy is different. Motorists look at you on your motorcycle as the one with the most to lose. They
aren’t going to give you any special consideration just because you are on a bike. They feel your choice is your
problem. They don’t want to hit you, but they aren’t going to work harder for you either. Any extra effort will
be for themselves.

“We at Count Motorcycles believe it has already been proven that you can’t go head to head with that kind of
logic, so we go around it. Once you don't care why someone looks for motorcycles you can actualy get them to
start.”

Count Motorcycles, the game, accomplishes this by introducing a simple competition out of looking for
motorcycles. It plays on people’s natural inclination to be competitive and play games to make people aware of
motorcycles. The website, CountMotorcycles.com, simply provides the game’s rules, point structure and a few
"hints." Very little is said about motorcycle safety or statistics. Instead, the focus is on a quick set of rules and
how points are awarded with suggestions to play “Punch-Buggy” style or to tally points at the end of a drive.
By arranging the website this way, counting motorcycles is seen as fun and not a passive safety message.

Dave says, “When people play the game they are finally actually looking for motorcycles.

“My dream,” he continues, “is that somewhere in future there is a mini-van full of kids or a carload of teens
playing the Count Motorcycles game, pointing out motorcycles to the driver and competing to be the first to do
it.”

For the premiere, former Fuse TV presenter “Mistress” Juliya Chernetsky will be dressed as a “Goth”
umbrella/grid girl complete with motorcycle and backdrop for photo ops with fans and show attendees.

Count Motorcycles, LLC will offer bumper stickers, bumper magnets and window clings for concerned
motorcycle riders to help promote the game and, most importantly, their own safety. Merchandise will be
offered to individuals and in bulk to dealers and distributors. Future plans include a Facebook game, a
children’s travel game and apparel. The website will be unveiled and branded merchandise will be available at
the show.

I really like this awareness site and game. When I have a bit of time, I'll play the game. I viewed the site in IE, firefox and chrome (all are current versions) and did not see anything odd. Might be that whoever had issues had older browsers.

Thanks Ron. I thought that might be the case. I wonder if I can better prepare for the older browsers. THe thing is that I did it all in HTML5 to make it really look good in smartphones.

Thanks for looking. By the way, it is played when driving : )

Cool. Good to know you used the latest technology. I haven't looked at the source code but I assume you're using viewport to take care of the mobile devices? If not, how are you addressing the mobile devices i.e. smartphones? Just curious.

Never mind. I just glanced at the code and indeed you're using viewport. So you've got most mobile devices covered.

Never mind. I just glanced at the code and indeed you're using viewport. So you've got most mobile devices covered.

Please, do tell what you mean by "most". I am the kind of guy that "gets" all this stuff, but it isn't my profession so I miss some things.

Last edited:
Interesting idea to raise awareness. Heck, I'd consider hauling my 700 out to the launch just for the fun of it, though I will admit that the NJ drivers scare me :)
Hello PA!

Interesting idea to raise awareness. Heck, I'd consider hauling my 700 out to the launch just for the fun of it, though I will admit that the NJ drivers scare me :)
Hello PA!

I'm actually bringing the NC to the Javits Center for the display bike.

I'm going to sell it as new concept in motorcycle awarenes, Honda New Concept.

Please, do tell what you mean by "most". I am the kind of guy that "gets" all this stuff, but it isn't my profession so I miss some things.

You've got a myriad of mobile devices out there. Different resolutions/screen sizes. Can't make 'em all happy. You'll be fine with the more recent devices though.

Back