• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Need to put to neutral on DCT when stopped?

Totally normal and it is not drag through the clutch.......but rather oil drag of the gears in the trans dragging through the oil. NOT that it really matters............the reason is:

In neutral and with the clutch out the clutch and mainshaft and all the gears are one whole unit no slip no drag. The counter shaft is direct connection to the rear wheel with it gears on the shaft. The oil drag between the gears rotating on the shafts is what "powering" or causing the rear wheel to rotate.

If the bike were to creep forward when in gear with the clutch handle pulled in then the cause then would be clutch drag.

As I don't have my bike yet, I hope this isn't a stupid question. When putting the DTC in neutral, do you just flick a switch near the Drive and Sport gauges? Then after some warm- up, you switch it into one of your drive modes?

As I don't have my bike yet, I hope this isn't a stupid question. When putting the DTC in neutral, do you just flick a switch near the Drive and Sport gauges? Then after some warm- up, you switch it into one of your drive modes?

You're right. A switch on the right handlebar selects N, D, or S. The bike defaults to neutral when you turn it on. As for warmup, there's really no need any more than you would with a modern automobile. Start it, put it in D, twist the throttle, and away you go.

Greg

Back