• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Never forget the tyre pressure ;-)

I do so love solutions like that. Simple and effective. Nice work.

Joke: normally I put in 46 PSI but, hey, 2.9 could work!

That would save me from looking at the frame for psi all the time.i like it.i also wondered about the 2.9,i understand now.

The unit is bar.
2.9bar=42psi for the rear tyre.
My digital air pressure instrument show pressure in bar ;-) and bar is also the most common unit for air presssure here in Denmark.

Last edited:
For what it is worth I find that 38 psi works better for me in the rear tyre. 42 is fine for 2 up but on any bike it is too much for solo as it does not allow the tyre to heat up sufficiently. Just my view of course.

I have a close friend tell me the same thing. He is 78 yrs old and has been on 2 wheels since 9 yrs of age. He is a gold mine of knowledge. So I'm dropping my tire pressure to 38 now a days. He suggested I do the same with the front as well. He said it could eliminate or at least curb the cupping problem I had with the original front tire. I do trust this gentleman's advice. Just thought I would share it with you folks.
For what it is worth I find that 38 psi works better for me in the rear tyre. 42 is fine for 2 up but on any bike it is too much for solo as it does not allow the tyre to heat up sufficiently. Just my view of course.

Nice! I use a felt pen, for the same thing, on the dirt bikes. For bikes without a chain adjustment sticker, I use the Dymo labeler with metal tape. It blends in nicely with aluminum swing arms.

I know my tire pressures by heart now. That beats the heck out of finding my reading glasses to see those tiny numbers on the frame!
Good job!

Back