• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New guy from NE FL

Valkswagen

Reaction score
Visit site
Just got my nc700x. I have been around all types of bikes but this is my most anticipated commuter. Thank you to everyone in advance for all the info, tips and how to's you will provide.

Welcome from just down the road in Jacksonville. I'll probably ride through Yulee tomorrow morning (Sunday 7/21/13), get coffee somewhere.

I'm assuming your north of Jacksonville. Are you on the Atlantic Coast? Never been north farther than Jacksonville on the Atlantic coast.
Are there some good coastal roads to ride along the Atlantic north of Jacksonville, be back for Daytona next March.

There are a lot of roads a1a is nice if you are heading south, 17 is bad either but they are doing work on the Fl/GA bridge right now. You can also pick up us1 not to far from here but not really a coastal road.

Welcome!

I've just hit a month on my NC700x in Port St Lucie (Treasure Coast). I Think I may be the only one who has a NC700 down my way :O Definitely looking forward to cruising around my sunshine state. Once the sunshine comes back that is :|

There's nothing to ride along the coast north of Jacksonville except for about 20 miles of A1A to Amelia Island. Above that is estuaries draining the Okefenokee Swamp and there are no north/south roads through them. US 17 is inland of the coast as it passes into GA. There are all kinds of small roads further inland but not along the coast.

Thanks for the information dduelin. All those beautiful beaches and no way to see them. Just doesn't seem right.
Sorry I wasn't more clear. The last 20 miles to Amelia Island is the last 20 miles of Florida. The beaches along there are the east side of several barrier islands that are FL State Parks and there is beach access you just can't ride on them or even see them from most of the distance because the road has thick lush plant growth on both sides. The north side of Amelia is the St. Mary's River which is the border between FL and GA. GA gets the short end of this stick because of all those estuary marshes north of there in GA are pretty much inhabitable thus there are no north-south roads along the beaches in south GA and in SC until the north side of the Cooper River at Charleston. I rode that 20 mile beach road to Amelia and back today as part of my 94.5 mpg mileage run.

There is however a busy north south passage behind the islands - the Intercoastal Waterway. In another life I did a lot of sailing and have seen both sides of many of the barrier islands south of Charleston. Beautiful but rather desolate and most reachable only by boat.

Back