• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New guy with a new bike!

You got the RED one. Fantastic. I have the 2012 in gray and I wanted the red one when it came out. You will love-love-love the bike.
I would make a bead seat cover for long trips and you will have to make some windshield mods if doing long trips on freeways. I live in ohio and it gets cold. Windshield work will be needed.
I've been getting 65 miles per gallon and if I really baby it, I can get up to 70. Plenty of power. Brakes not like a sport bike, but good enough. Give yourself a little stopping distance until you get use to it! WELCOME and enjoy the 700X. Live to ride, ride to find apple pie.

Welcome from the Nebraska panhandle. Hopefully they will approve the new steed.
The red is pretty sharp looking and I probably would have bought it if I hadn't bought a used NCX.

BTW, I hear someone wants your girl. :D (someone had to say it)

So as of right now, I ordered a Danmoto carbon slip on muffler. I want to do an HID light upgrade but I want to do a projector retrofit first. I hope to get everything finalized tomorrow and bring the bike home with me, and get the exhaust in sometime this week so I can get it on for the weekend.

It's a good thing I didn't get the bike, it's been raining here all day so far...

-Jesse

I waited 3 months for my RED ncx with dct. I almost gave up. Glad I got it though. Easy to ride, has enough power, and I just love it.

ken

So I've put almost 1500 miles on it in a little over 2 months, and I've loved every mile! I installed a 12V adapter so I can charge my phone/run a GPS if need be, switched to full synthetic oil (Rotella T6 and a Bosch filter), installed a brighter headlight, and moved the switch for the LED strip to under the fairing, instead of in the frunk. Sadly, it's getting colder here in Southeastern PA, I think it's about time to put her up for the season. I already can't wait till next year.

-Jesse

Been lurking today and found a mod I really want to do. The CBR1000RR lenses and a Tail Tidy. Cheapest price I've seen on one is 139 before shipping from a UK supplier. Here's hoping shipping isn't an arm and a leg, otherwise I'm looking at 165.

So I priced it out. With the clear CBR1000RR lenses, switchback LEDS for the front, and regular Amber LEDs for the back, and a pair of license plate light bolts (to use while I'm saving up for the Tail Tidy) it all comes to about 70 bucks, give or take and few bucks. Got to wait till after the holidays and after I get my credit cards all paid off.

-Jesse

Back