• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Member From Florida

Spaceteach

Reaction score
Visit site
Greetings all. I just got a new NC700X and joined the forum. Previous bikes I've owned included Gold Wing (traded in on NC700), Harley Davidson XR1200 Sportster, Dyna Glide Custom, and Road King, Honda CBR1000rr, Yamaha Ri and FZ1, Suzuki GSXR600, various SV650s and Bandit1100. Really liking the NC so far (only 130 miles so far) and looking forward to posting ideas and experiences with you all.

Bob

Welcome to the club fellow Floridian, we promise not to hold the HDs against you! :cool:

Why would we. I have never understood this anti HD attitutude. I know that people say that HD riders are eliteist but I have met some really nice ones both in the UK and mainland Europe. I have never owned a HD although I would like too but I have owned BMWs and Wings both bikes where the riders are often accused of being snobbish yet I'm the same person whatever bike I'm on.. In all honesty whatever the bike I have found that the riders range from really great guys right through to comple Aholes so I never stereotype riders of any machine not even the NC.
sorry for the rant but this is something that I have always felt strongly about

Thanks for the welcome folks! There have been a few bikes over the years (the first was a 50cc 1961 Honda Cub). I attribute it to a really short attention span. As to the Harleys, they are really comfortable at road speeds and they look really good. They also shake a lot while idling at stop lights and they aren't overly powerful. A few weeks back I got a call from the salesman I worked with when I got the Harley's asking if I was going to come in and pick up one of the new 2013 models they just got in. I just asked him if they had finally come out with one that could outrun my lawn mower. After that we just talked about other bikes for a while (he had just bought a Suzuki BKing). Anyhow, Harleys are nice bikes, but I've decided I prefer something with a more modern design.

Thanks again for the welcome to the forum,
Bob

Rocker, I'm really not that way. It's an American thing I guess. While I respect anyone on 2wheels there has always been HD riders and the rest of us. Actually for sometime there was HD riders and then the others to include the HD V-rod riders. HD riders are firmly rooted, and their bikes are getting better but I'm not the cruiser type. Never have been, you see when I first got into street bikes Harley's were made by AMF and leaked, fell apart and burned oil. Why would I ever want a bike that did that? Now they are made much better and plenty good people ride them. Remember it's not the dog its the owner.

I know that the AMF years were a black period for HD however much of what you say about there bikes could also be said of old Triumphs yet nobody knocks Triumph riders.
My point is if I won the Lotto (you would need to in the UK) and bought a HD tomorrow would I suddenly become a different person?

Back