• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member from North Carolina, USA

TerraNova

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all. I've been reading this forum for a while now while researching whether to get an NC700X, and you've convinced me. :) I just put down a deposit last weekend, and expect to pick up my bike in the next week or two (I'm getting the ABS/DCT with some accessories, and they need to bring them in from elsewhere).

I'm in my early 40s, but this will be my first motorcycle - before last year my only previous experience on two wheels with a motor was riding a 49cc moped as a teenager in Italy (back when no one wore helmets or any other gear - at this point I shudder at the memory of filtering through urban traffic in shorts and sandals on the moped, but at the time it seemed just like great fun). I'm currently riding a Honda PCX 125, and will be trading it in for the NC700. I bought the PCX just last year, mainly for commuting in the city, but was having so much fun taking it for weekend rides in the country (at wide open throttle most of the time on the PCX, which is about 55-60mph) that I soon started thinking of getting something bigger, took the MSF basic rider course, and started reading motorcycle reviews. The NC700X seems like it will be great for continuing to use as a daily commuter but also for weekend rides and longer touring. I'm already starting to think about multi-day trips and maybe even moto-camping with it.

I've learned a lot from reading this forum and others like it, especially about safety. I bought an armored mesh jacket and gloves and a full face helmet when I got the PCX, though I've often felt a little silly in high-vis armored gear when riding short distances on the scooter in the city (less so when riding faster and longer in the country). Similar to what was described in this other thread http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-general-discussion/1522-scooter-versus-nc700x-switching-up.html one of my motivations for moving up to the NC700 was that I think it will feel more natural (and less like overkill) to wear ATGATT on the bigger bike, and that I'll be safer because of it (I've just bought a better jacket and motorcycle overpants too).

Anyway, just saying hi for now and thanks again for all the advice from earlier discussions. If there are any group members in the Triangle area of NC maybe we can connect and ride together sometime in the spring…

Welcome frm Texas. Sounds like you've given a lot of thought to what you're doing and your riding gear. Good for you, enjoy the bike, be safe, and have fun.

Back