• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member pondering 2015 or 2016

The two rebates Honda has right now add up to 1 K, which would pay for most of the options I want.
Apparently the main thing I need to do is go to to the dealer and make sure my helmet fits the frunk.
I think I may get the dealer to install the heated grips and extra lights and wait on luggage, screen, and seat.

Hi Hank and welcome to the forum. Here's my two cents as a 62 year old rider with lots of miles and lots of bikes under my belt: the NC700X is a very entertaining choice whether you've been riding for 2,000 miles or 200,000. I have two other bikes, each with a different "mission" and I have found that the NC is a do-it-all bike. The '16 model has some interesting cosmetic changes that I do like, but since there are '14 and '15's around for great prices new, that's the way I'd go. Plus you can probably find an earlier model on on Ebay or something for five grand. FWIW, Oxford heated grips are easy to install and a lot cheaper than Honda and the Sargent seat is a huge improvement over stock.

Supertux1, as dduelin posted, no changes to the front suspension for the US market that I'm aware of. I didn't look closely at the previous years models as there was no DCT in stock, so I can't visually confirm myself that it's the same. I did post a picture of my front fork, albeit it not a very good pic! I like the '16, obviously! But each buyer has to consider what's best for them. As more '16s show up at the dealers you may find that they are willing to discount the older models more, but you may also find in some situations that the price difference is "negligible" to you. That negligible amount will differ from person to person. Some will say that for $500 they are more than willing to get the new version styling and 'upgrades'; for others they will feel that $500 is better spent on riding, gear, accessories etc. Only you can really answer that question for yourself. Either way I would make a decision sooner rather than later, you're losing riding days :p

Check out the recent posting on these forums... A 2015 DCT with just over 300 miles on it for $6k. You could probably fly there and ride it back and still have over $1.5k saved over a '16 DCT. I'm sure there are others out there too, so you just need to look around and pick which route you want to go down, but this one only has 1/2 of its break-in miles completed, practically new. Ride it home and you're probably ready for the 1st service!! No matter which way you go, if you're on a NC700 you're winning :D

Back