• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hello!

Before you read: The post is not suitable for people with no patience.
I'm new. New on forum and new biker. Last month I sold my 12 years old scooter and bought a bike. It takes just a 14 days after I saw it. I didn't even try it. Which one? The most beautiful, attractive, funny .....one. Now I'm not sure to be normal: Sitting almost every day on it with all new clothes, helmet,... with imagination infinity staring out of window. No ride..no, no,...still nothing... It seems to be for a some time like this. It's winter time.:mad:

Make your body fly!

Hi everyone. My name's Rimantas. I live in sunny and warm (usually) Southern California. I'm currently working as a software developer and going to school to learn computer engineering. I've been a rider for about 7 years, having owned a Ninja 250 and a Honda CB1. Like many of you, I'm sure, I was attracted by the NC700's practicality and picked one up about two months ago. Haven't regretted it one bit! I look forward to getting to know you guys and hope I can contribute something positive to the community. Happy riding! :)

-R

Welcome to the asylum, Big-R. I'm curious how the NC700 compares to your 250 Ninja, in fuel mileage. If you haven't already, log it on Fuelly and track the mileage.
Honda NC700X MPG Reports | Fuelly
I tested a 250 ninja once, but the leg room wouldn't work for my knees.

I can relate to your legroom issue. The Ninja ain't a very big bike. I've averaged around 57 MPG on it, and somewhere around 65 MPG on the NCX. I've been keeping a fuel log for the Honda in a notepad, and I'll transfer the data over when I get a chance. Thanks for the welcome!

Hi everyone. My name's Rimantas. I live in sunny and warm (usually) Southern California. I'm currently working as a software developer and going to school to learn computer engineering. I've been a rider for about 7 years, having owned a Ninja 250 and a Honda CB1. Like many of you, I'm sure, I was attracted by the NC700's practicality and picked one up about two months ago. Haven't regretted it one bit! I look forward to getting to know you guys and hope I can contribute something positive to the community. Happy riding! :)

-R
Welcome to the den, Rimantas!
:D

Hello, purchased my bike (NC700XC) yesterday for commuting after wringing most of the life out of the Honda Rebel (purchase used with 800 miles in Aug 06) and just closed 49K miles. Developed a leak in the gasket separating the head and bottom end and elected to put my money into a new bike. This bike is a huge adjustment from my Rebel. No, not because of the size/power but the styling. I had some forward controls and did many minor mods on the Rebel to accommodate my long inseam. As a metric cruiser style this is quite a departure and is going to take me some adjusting to the riding style. I'm late 50's so I'm not sure on longer commutes how this is going to feel so as I found with the rebel, the communities into their bikes are such a great resource for shared knowledge and fellowship (as any rotarian would appreciate ;-)). I'm probably spend most of my time lurking as I'm too new to contribute and the first point of business is finding a fit kit to fit my Givi Maxicase 52 topcase on this bike. Yup, had that on the rebel ;-)....anyway thanks in advance.
Surf1div1 (not my real name).......................;-)

Welcome notyourrealname....
:p

Hello!

Before you read: The post is not suitable for people with no patience.
I'm new. New on forum and new biker. Last month I sold my 12 years old scooter and bought a bike. It takes just a 14 days after I saw it. I didn't even try it. Which one? The most beautiful, attractive, funny .....one. Now I'm not sure to be normal: Sitting almost every day on it with all new clothes, helmet,... with imagination infinity staring out of window. No ride..no, no,...still nothing... It seems to be for a some time like this. It's winter time.:mad:

Make your body fly!

Welcome welcome!

Hello from Northwest Indiana. My name is Geoff and I am currently awaiting arrival of my NC700X (hopefully next week), and hope we have a mild winter so I can ride! I just started riding this past May and put 6000 miles on my 1999 Kawasaki Vulcan 500, which I have traded-in for the Honda. Looking forward to putting alot of miles on the NC700X and saving more money on gas. I currently ride to work about 80 miles round trip-as long as no snow or ice on the road. I sm looking forward to using this forum and learnig from other riders/owners.

Welcome Geoff!

Greetings all,

New member from South Africa. Picking up my NC700X on Tuesday! Looking forward to reading up on the various mods etc that guys are doing, what works, what doesn't, good/bad products and all that. I also have an XT500 I'm rebuilding, slowly....

Errol500

Welcome!

Hello All !
I've been riding for over 30 years now, including many years that I didn't even own a 4 wheeled vehicle. I ride almost daily in virtually all weather conditions. I currently ride a Yamaha FJR1300A, sport-touring motorcycle, that I've put 68,000 miles on in the last 5 years. I absolutely love that bike! But that's not why I'm a newbie on this forum.

My wife got her motorcycle endorsement a couple years ago and has been riding a Honda 600 Shadow. She's been aching for an upgrade and I made the mistake of taking her to the Motorcycle show here in Seattle this past weekend. She sat on numerous bikes, but fell in love with the NC700X. The DCT is a nice option for her, but I really want her to have the ABS. So it looks like we're gonna have to splurge on the extra $2k for that option. She wants to test ride one before buying, but despite weather not cooperating this week I think she'll have a Rain-check from Santa under the tree.

I look forward to hanging out here and possibly I can get her to join also.

Welcome Harald!

Hi everybody!

I'm from Spain. I live in Madrid and I own a candy red NC700D (Integra) since last September. I use it for everyday commuting and it has 2500 km (around 1500 miles) so far. I've installed original Honda panniers and ST1300 trunk and I've ordered Isotta handguards. I participate quite actively in the Spanish forum and I read regularly the British and the Italian ones. I hope I can share interesting information with you all.

Back