• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

I first got on Buddy Sadler's Sears Moped in July 1958. Even though I was on the rear rack, I knew this was for me. The next day I was at the Cushman Dealership three blocks from my home, bothering the owner of the one man dealership. After hanging around 8 hours per day for a week, the owner agreed to let me work for free and knowledge, and I became the only employee at the Cushman Dealership. The next month, I was totally surprised the first day of 7th grade when I walked into my homeroom science class to see the owner of the little Cushman shop was also my science teacher.
After high school my friends and neighbors sent me a letter. These folks were nice enough to send me to helicopter flight school, and gave me a one year all expense paid trip to Southeast Asia. Heck, I even had a Honda press frame 90cc when in Viet Nam.

After Viet Nam and 4 ½ years service, my friends and neighbors were nice enough to give me a GI bill for college. So, I went to college and the nice people at University of Houston gave me a degree.

While in college if figured I had to eat, and the nice people at the Houston Police Department gave me a job. What a great job, I got to ride motorcycles and fly helicopters. So, I stayed for 21 ½ years before I retired.
Being the other police officers didn’t want to work night shift, the Houston Police Department was nice enough to let me work night shift. So, being I was off work during the day and evening, in 1981 the State of Texas was nice enough to give me all my insurance licenses, and I started my insurance agency.

In 1997 the nice people at Yamaha were nice enough to give me a dealership. The nice folks that came by the dealership to visit, bought so many Yamaha motorcycles, ATVs, and watercraft that before long Honda, Suzuki, and Kymco all gave me dealerships. So, for 15 years I sold insurance and motorsports products at the same location. What made this job so sweet, besides shop rides, I got to ride so many different kinds of motorcycles 100 miles every day, 6 days a week, to and from work . What a great job!

Then in 2012, the nice people of the city came in one day and wanted to purchase all my property for a new city hall. So, I just sold these nice folks everything. Now I’ve got the best job ever, Retired!

I bought my NC700X in January of 2013. I went to Daytona bike week, Key West, and Texas Hill country a few times since purchasing the bike. The only problems I had were solved with a set of Rox 2” risers, a Pro Pad gel sheep skin seat pad, California Scientific windshield, and GIVI bags and trunk. This bike and accessories fits by body perfectly. Everyone’s body is different, so get what fits you, do not buy what fits someone else!

I now have 12,000 miles on the NC700X. I am going to replace the tires this week with the stock Bridgestone Battlax BT-023 Sport Touring, as they have been great for the type of riding I do (paved and dirt roads, no sand). Also this week, I will replace the D.I.D. stock O-ring chain with a D.I.D. X-ring chain.
I am going to Prudhoe Bay, Alaska in the middle of July, and to Sturgis, South Dakota in August. This should put a total of about 24,000 miles on the bike. This will bring my riding miles to over 1,300,000

0.jpg

SmileyCowboy10GallonHat.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Hello from BayCity, Michigan
I'm going to be picking up my new red NC700X tomorrow and riding it home. I got the one with the DCT transmission and I'm anxious to see how I like it. I had a 2002 BMW R1150RT but it was top heavy and difficult to ride for a beginner. I started riding about 5 years ago when I was 61 so I come to the sport relatively late in life. I decided to take a motorcycle safety course at my local Community College. From their I bought a Honda Silverwing Scooter. After I had some experience with that I bought the used BMW and now a new NC700X. I'll let you know how I like it. As for riding, I strongly believe in ATGATT even though it sometimes gets a little warm in the summer. If anyone is interested in riding, let me know.

Hi Everyone,

I just picked up my new '12 700X from the dealer this morning.

I'm a returning rider: I had a few different HDs and for the last 3 years or so have been without a bike. I wanted something nimble and reliable and the NC seemed just right. So far it seems like a great choice. I was also pleased to find that a 12 pack of Nordeast tall-boys fits easily in the storage area!

I spent a fair amount of time looking over this forum before buying my bike. Thanks to everyone for posting up plenty of helpful info. Looking forward to racking up some more miles!

-Dan

Hello from Naperville, IL.

I'm a new rider -- took the Illinois Motorcycle Safety Project (MSP) Basic Rider's Class (BRC) last October and passed the license exam. My NC700X was delivered in March on Good Friday. It sat in the garage until I took another MSP class on Easter Sunday, THEN I took it out. Since then I've put about 700 miles on it, and I've enjoyed every one of them. I picked the NC700X primarily because of comfort and practicality (fuel economy and trunk). I'm happy with the bike, and glad I didn't go with something smaller.

Best regards to all...

Hello from The Rock, welcome.

Wanted to write "ride safe", but after reading above I don't think it's necessary... :cool:

Greetings all,

I'm from Port Coquitlam BC, aka Lotus Land, aka the Pacific North Wet. Just purchased my NC 700X and am waiting for the honda centre stand to be installed before I pick it up. Been riding for 2 years, and this is my second bike (first one is Triumph Bonneville T100, which is going to be sold as I have no room for 2 bikes). I have been intrigued about this bike since it was released, and finally took one for a test drive. I was very surprised by how nice this bike feels when I drive it. It is approximatley the same weight as the bonneville, but feels so much lighter and manuverable, especially at low speeds.

Hello from Naperville, IL.

I'm a new rider -- took the Illinois Motorcycle Safety Project (MSP) Basic Rider's Class (BRC) last October and passed the license exam. My NC700X was delivered in March on Good Friday. It sat in the garage until I took another MSP class on Easter Sunday, THEN I took it out. Since then I've put about 700 miles on it, and I've enjoyed every one of them. I picked the NC700X primarily because of comfort and practicality (fuel economy and trunk). I'm happy with the bike, and glad I didn't go with something smaller.

Best regards to all...

Hi Welcome to both the forum and the world of motorcycling from the UK

Greetings all,

I'm from Port Coquitlam BC, aka Lotus Land, aka the Pacific North Wet. Just purchased my NC 700X and am waiting for the honda centre stand to be installed before I pick it up. Been riding for 2 years, and this is my second bike (first one is Triumph Bonneville T100, which is going to be sold as I have no room for 2 bikes). I have been intrigued about this bike since it was released, and finally took one for a test drive. I was very surprised by how nice this bike feels when I drive it. It is approximatley the same weight as the bonneville, but feels so much lighter and manuverable, especially at low speeds.

Welcome from the UK

Hello from Cincinnati, OH.

Picked up a 2012 NC700X from a dealer on Saturday and I've managed to put 100 miles on it so far. This is my first street bike (ridden dirt bikes since I was a kid) and I am very happy with my decision to buy the NC. I bought it primarily as a commuter... figured it would pay for itself in a year or two with gas savings plus it's a hell of a lot more fun than driving the truck to work every day. I don't have much to compare the NC experience to as I have only ridden a handful of friend's street bikes around the block but the smooth power and low CoG make this bike super easy to ride. Rode to work for the first time this morning and found the not-a-tank came in real handy for my lunchbox, tablet, shoes and a couple other items.

Hello from Victoria BC...
Just picked up a 2012 demo from the dealer a week ago Thursday...
Having a ball with it.
Lowered it a little this weekend... which was a good thing as I was sure I was going to drop it before I could get this done!
Hoping to use this for both commuting to (and during) work...and off on the logging roads... oh, and if you've ever been out here then you will know that catching a Ferry to the mainland or down to the US is much cheaper and faster!
It's been fun following the forums over the past week or so...
Cheers!

Hello from Victoria BC...
Just picked up a 2012 demo from the dealer a week ago Thursday...
Having a ball with it.
Lowered it a little this weekend... which was a good thing as I was sure I was going to drop it before I could get this done!
Hoping to use this for both commuting to (and during) work...and off on the logging roads... oh, and if you've ever been out here then you will know that catching a Ferry to the mainland or down to the US is much cheaper and faster!
It's been fun following the forums over the past week or so...
Cheers!

Welcome from California!

Hello everyone,
I have been a member for a couple of weeks now and just wanted to say "Howdy" from SoCal. I am going through my mid life crisis and just bought my first bike ;) I am loving every second on my NC and can't wait for the next adventure!

Darin

Hello everyone,
I have been a member for a couple of weeks now and just wanted to say "Howdy" from SoCal. I am going through my mid life crisis and just bought my first bike ;) I am loving every second on my NC and can't wait for the next adventure!

Darin

I'm sure glad to hear you say that motorcycles are an adventure. You'll do great!

0.jpg

smileytexan.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all from sunny Seattle! No really, it's been clear skies now for 4 days!

I'm Marko and I work as a computer tech right in downtown Seattle hospital. I moved here 18 years ago from Finland and growing up on a farm I never rode anything larger than 150cc dirtbikes. I live in a nice little quaint town of Kingston, WA, right by the shore of Puget Sound.

I got my NC700X for commuting to work every day and so far it's been a true joy. 4 weeks and 900 miles down. The trouble seems to be that I spend far too much time looking for accessories to buy...

Hi everybody. i dont have my nc yet should be next weekend. ive been looking at this forum for about 3 months and the people on here have made my decision easy. this will be my first bike. i have wanted a bike for several years but wanted a bike i could ride everyday. i look forward to talking with and learning from u guys

Hi all from sunny Seattle! No really, it's been clear skies now for 4 days!

I'm Marko and I work as a computer tech right in downtown Seattle hospital. I moved here 18 years ago from Finland and growing up on a farm I never rode anything larger than 150cc dirtbikes. I live in a nice little quaint town of Kingston, WA, right by the shore of Puget Sound.

I got my NC700X for commuting to work every day and so far it's been a true joy. 4 weeks and 900 miles down. The trouble seems to be that I spend far too much time looking for accessories to buy...

Hello and welcome from The Rock.

Back