• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Welcome Amwoolner. Like the happy seal.

That seal pic cracked my wife and I up. It's actually from a web cam station in Antarctica. The full picture is a bunch of penguins and then in the bottom right corner there's this seal that looks like it is totally photo bombing the penguins picture. I thought it was photoshopped but when I looked up other pictures of seal, lots of them seemed to have this smiley face.

seal photo bomb.jpg

Sue (and myself by default) is officially a NC700XD owner!

... please realize that we have no state income tax and they choose to hit you instead with a very high 9.8% sales tax.

Welcome, Harald. Count your blessings about the sales tax. In AZ the sales tax is over 9% (variable depending on your county and city) and we have a state income tax.

Be glad about your sales tax. In most of Europe we have a beast called VAT which is built into all the prices - in most countries it's round about 20% these days. Plus there's no shortage of income taxes, social security deductions and the like. In Switzerland VAT is only about 8% - but that doesn't keep prices for most things lower than in the bordering countries.

Sue (and myself by default) is officially a NC700XD owner!

This past weekend we wrote a check for $9971 and she rolled off the lot on her pretty new red motorcycle. Before you guys from states with no sales tax tell me that I overpaid for the bike, please realize that we have no state income tax and they choose to hit you instead with a very high 9.8% sales tax. I would have preferred shopping around for a better deal, but she's not the type to wait when she wants something. As it was, I still got them to drop the price over $1000 from the original quote.

She's not quite tippy toed at a stop on the bike, but there's definitely no heel touchdown. So first thing when I got home was to hit Soupys website and order some adjustable dogbones (are they still dogbones if they no longer look like dogbones? ;) ). Once the rear is dropped an inch, I'll raise the fork tubes and inch in the triple trees to lower that end also. Probably gonna get the NC700S centerstand once we figure out what accessories she wants so I can order all at once to save on shipping.

She's not the forum type, but I am so y'all are gonna see me around much more. You've been forewarned! :p

Welcome to the club Harald and Sue from Wake Forest, NC Hope you enjoy your NCX as much as I do!

smileystd.jpg

Hello from Hershey, PA. Yes the town does smell like chocolate. I have 4,000 miles on my nc700x. I've enjoyed reading the recommendations on here for a while but I thought I would finally post.

Welcome from Switzerland - I do prefer the Swiss chocolate to Hershey but can't afford to eat much of either - I'm too fat already.

Welcome nabel715. On a totally unrelated note except from where you a from, I miss Hersey's chocolate milk mix, I can't seem to find it up here any more. It is so much better than the other brands.

Chris, I'm not a big fan of Hershey chocolate bar. Too waxy. I bet the swiss chocolate is much better. I do love the Hershey's Chocolate milk syrup. We have plenty here. Beats Ovaltine anyday.

Hello, from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I don't own an NC, but I'm really interested in getting one. Someone sent me here, from ADV Rider, to do some research before I make the decision.
I have an 07 KTM 525EXC right now, but I'm thinking about selling it to get the NC. I do mostly single track enduro type riding and some dual sporting,
but my riding spot is too far from home, so I don't get to ride as much as I'd like (have to load up in the truck and drive 2 1/2 hours).
I figured with the NC I could get more riding time and trade trail riding for sight seeing and longer trip. Can't sit on that KTM for more than 20 minutes without butt ache.

Hello from Texas. Go to G N Gonzales in Baton Rouge. See any of the George's 2 thru 4. This a great motorcycle family, that I know you will be pleased dealing with, one of Honda's all time best dealerships in your home town.

1.jpg

SmileyCowboyTophat.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Hello from Texas. Go to G N Gonzales in Baton Rouge. See any of the George's 2 thru 4. This a great motorcycle family, that I know you will be pleased dealing with, one of Honda's all time best dealerships in your home town.

Yes sirree, I've been to GN Gonzales plenty of times, but never bought a bike from them.

I'll have to go there some time in the next week. The more I read about the NC, the more I like it.

I figured with the NC I could get more riding time and trade trail riding for sight seeing and longer trip. Can't sit on that KTM for more than 20 minutes without butt ache.

Welcome Blake716. I just got mine and I haven't really done any trail riding, but I was kinda thinking about taking it out on some fire roads to see if I like it... I know it's been done so maybe you can still get your fix without totally trading for sight seeing!

I have heard that inland of san diego there are some abandoned rail roads that can be followed through tunnels and over bridges... Has my interests peaked! I will let you know how my first experience in gravel goes :)

Hello from Brooklyn, NY. I've only had scooters up until now and I couldn't be happier with the NC700XD.

Wanted to say thanks to all of the contributors of this forum. All of the info you guys share is extremely helpful and very much appreciated.

Back