• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

No, sometimes I am seated on my right butt padding, sometimes I am seated on my left butt padding, sometimes seated on both my butt padding, and sometimes lift my self off my butt for a while with my foot pegs and drivers backrest. But always, I Ride. Got to go now - Gone Riding.

8.jpg

smileytexan.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Hello all. I've a lurker for a while on here...that is until I purchased my NC700X today! Swung a deal on a 2012 that had 250 miles on it! I have been riding for about a year and half. Prior to the NC, I owned a Ninja 250R, which I rode the snot out of. I rode almost everyday, even in the winter. However, I realized a few months into my ownership though that I'm not a sportsbike kind of a guy, which led me to my pursuit of an NC.

Welcome to the forum

Hello all. I've a lurker for a while on here...that is until I purchased my NC700X today! Swung a deal on a 2012 that had 250 miles on it! I have been riding for about a year and half. Prior to the NC, I owned a Ninja 250R, which I rode the snot out of. I rode almost everyday, even in the winter. However, I realized a few months into my ownership though that I'm not a sportsbike kind of a guy, which led me to my pursuit of an NC.

Welcome! Glad to see you found something that fits you now. If this doesn't suit you in a few months, you might have to start a collection instead of swapping, which is the conclusion I've come to.

New member here. My name is Bill and I am an architect in Jacksonville Florida. I bought my new 2013 NC a week ago and just had the 600 mile service done on Saturday.IMG_1684 (1024x768).jpg

I have been riding for 22 years now, first while living in Bermuda in the early 1990's. Then on a Malaguti Ciak 50, a two stroke, 50cc scooter my wife bought for me for Christmas in 2002. After seeing that I enjoyed riding beyond the neighborhood, and I did with 100 mile rides on the Ciak, I bought for myself a Vespa GT200L in 2005. I still have this one, now with 53,000 miles on it. I had another Vespa GT for the past year as a backup for my aging machine and used it on several long rides, including an Iron Butt Saddle Sore 1000 that I did in June. Completed the 1000 miles in 18 hours averaging almost 68 mph while moving.

I decided to buy the NC after joining a good friend for a fantastic ride through the Rocky Mountains in July. He rode his BMW F800GS while I rented a F650GS (with the 800cc engine) for a ride from Denver to Glacier NP and back. 2753 miles for me through some of the greatest scenery ever seen by me.

I am getting a windscreen installed this week and will be ready for some cool rides in the fall.

Thanks for the welcome.

I am enjoying the new bike, but I continue to be a scooter guy. Most won't understand, but a modern large frame Vespa is almost a perfect machine.

But the NC is growing on me. I will like it even more once I get a windscreen installed.

K. Been lurking on here for 6 months or so. Picked up a new to me 2012 NC700X last night. Had to drive way out in the country to get it. The 40 mile ride back to town was nice though. $5200 for a bike with 825 miles seemed like a good deal and it had been on Craigslist for several weeks begging to be bought. I had ridden both the DCT and shift version in test drives before. Liked the DCT, but not enough to buy one. One thing is clear, the saddle has to go. Maybe I will try the raise the front mod first. But 20 miles into the ride I knew the saddle and me weren't going to be best friends. First mod will be the frunk key addition. I feel like I'm cheating on my BMW. I am. We will be getting a divorce. She had a clue today when I took her in to consign her. But then they pissed me off wanting $65 (on top of a steep 20% consignment fee) to detail a perfectly clean bike so I left.

It is always nice to get a new steel pony. Something about new. Hope you enjoy. Welcome to the stable from Texas. Rid'em cowboy. Ride

1.jpg

SmileyCowboyThumbsUP.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
K. Been lurking on here for 6 months or so. Picked up a new to me 2012 NC700X last night. Had to drive way out in the country to get it. The 40 mile ride back to town was nice though. $5200 for a bike with 825 miles seemed like a good deal and it had been on Craigslist for several weeks begging to be bought. I had ridden both the DCT and shift version in test drives before. Liked the DCT, but not enough to buy one. One thing is clear, the saddle has to go. Maybe I will try the raise the front mod first. But 20 miles into the ride I knew the saddle and me weren't going to be best friends. First mod will be the frunk key addition. I feel like I'm cheating on my BMW. I am. We will be getting a divorce. She had a clue today when I took her in to consign her. But then they pissed me off wanting $65 (on top of a steep 20% consignment fee) to detail a perfectly clean bike so I left.

Welcome.
Sorry to hear about the divorce though.
Any pics?

Xyxl

I feel you on the seat - it was the first thing I replaced. I went with the SeatConcepts option as I am too cheap to spend more than $150 at a time on farkles.

Back