• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Hi There, I have been lurking around this forum for a couple months. I have a 2002 Honda VFR 800 and I just got a new 2013 NC 700X. The NC is for my 40th birthday which is next month. The kids say the new bike can be mine only after the birthday. It is some rule I made couple years back that has come back to bite me. I live in San Diego, and I commute to work on my VFR. It was 80F today, the temperature has been in the 70s all of January, great conditions to ride. My new bike is sitting in the garage waiting for me to ride, I should have bought it a day before my birthday, the wait is painful :)

Looking forward to some fun rides and some lively talk here.

Hello Muffintop and welcome. My daughter lives in "Sandy Eggo" and just headed back today from a visit with us. She mocked our weather! I don't envy your wait but wish we had a little of your weather right about now. Good luck with the new bike.

Welcome and I think you'll really like her for your commuting. Mine is used almost exclusively for that purpose but I won't rule out a long trip here and there.

Thanks for the welcome! Yes I plan to use the NC primarily for commuting. The VFR will move out of the garage to the backyard. Plan to use the VFR for some weekend rides. While on the topic, are there any threads or recommendations for outdoor storage of motorcycles? Like a durable motorcycle shelter?

Hi There, I have been lurking around this forum for a couple months. I have a 2002 Honda VFR 800 and I just got a new 2013 NC 700X. The NC is for my 40th birthday which is next month. The kids say the new bike can be mine only after the birthday. It is some rule I made couple years back that has come back to bite me. I live in San Diego, and I commute to work on my VFR. It was 80F today, the temperature has been in the 70s all of January, great conditions to ride. My new bike is sitting in the garage waiting for me to ride, I should have bought it a day before my birthday, the wait is painful :)

Looking forward to some fun rides and some lively talk here.

4.jpg

Howdy from Texas

smileycowboy.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Everyone!

I'm Jeber from Visalia, CA, and I just got my first motorcycle last week, a 2012 NC700x! It has 14,000 miles. It came with a aftermarket windscreen, center stand and soft saddlebags. I'd like to get a new windscreen and a couple other mods, but for now I am just enjoying getting comfortable riding. I think I chose a great bike to learn on. I Look forward to using this forum for valuable information about maintenance and upgrades. Cheers!

bike1.jpg

Welcome to the forum and Congrats on the new bike. I don't know if you've looked into it but taking a MSF course would really help your getting comfortable with riding that bike. It's probably one of the best first investments you could make. Sounds like the bike already has a nice start on mods. Have fun and be safe.

Hi Everyone!

I'm Jeber from Visalia, CA, and I just got my first motorcycle last week, a 2012 NC700x! It has 14,000 miles. It came with a aftermarket windscreen, center stand and soft saddlebags. I'd like to get a new windscreen and a couple other mods, but for now I am just enjoying getting comfortable riding. I think I chose a great bike to learn on. I Look forward to using this forum for valuable information about maintenance and upgrades. Cheers!

0.jpg

Howdy, Jeber. Welcome to the forum.

SmileyCowboyTwoGuns.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and Congrats on the new bike. I don't know if you've looked into it but taking a MSF course would really help your getting comfortable with riding that bike. It's probably one of the best first investments you could make. Sounds like the bike already has a nice start on mods. Have fun and be safe.

First thing I did was take the MSF course, and I'm very glad I did!

Hey, all. Just bought my NC yesterday and my family's sick of hearing me talk about it, so I figured I'd come here. Got rid of my old Concours because I realized it was overkill for someone who only does city riding.

Welcome to the forum and glad your excited about your new bike. In in a place of like minded people.

Hey, all. Just bought my NC yesterday and my family's sick of hearing me talk about it, so I figured I'd come here. Got rid of my old Concours because I realized it was overkill for someone who only does city riding.
Welcome and start talking. Remember without pictures it didn't happen. Show us your ride.

Hello all,

My name is Josh. I live in the Seattle, WA area. Just bought my first bike which is a NC700x and my helmet a yellow RPHA 10 by HJC. I'm a gear geek in every other facet of my life and can't wait to swap knowledge with the folks on the forum. If you have any questions about me feels free to ask.

On a side some other interests of mine include japanese knives, crossfit, nutrition, and hiking.

Back