• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Yes. I had my Shoei GT-Air stolen so needed an inexpensive one quickly. Not too wild about it (noisier, Pinlock doesn't cover the full shield) so will save up to get another Shoei. But I do like the modular type of helmet.

Greetings from Northern Norway,
Picking up my first ever Honda next week, a 750S DCT. Never imagined I'd go for an automatic, but here we are. Currently on an XT660Z, which I am very fond of also.
Thought I would seek out like minded and see what's up in the NC community.

Have a nice day. :)
Gisle

Greetings All, Jess here from the "States" - Northern Virginia (a suburb of Washington, DC). Just picked up a 2012 NC700XR last Sunday. It turned over 1000 miles on my test ride. I have owned a HD bagger, 4 BMWs, two Vstroms and was looking at getting another Vstrom when this NC came up for sale very near me. I have always been curious about riding an automatic bike and I must say it was a revelation. All smiles (in spite of the current political climate) :) .
What else can I say? It's a joy! And... more will be revealed. ;)

Last edited:
Taks Yelbo here on Maui, where I believe there are now exactly two NC700X's on the island. This is the land of Harley, Sportbikes and scooters...........and one reason I chose the NC700X. Did a lot of research before buying my bike about 4 months ago and have been more than happy with my decision. I used to ride a Virago 1100 years ago here, but the island has changed and has much more traffic, so the riding position of the NC is better suited to negotiating traffic and the higher riding profile allows me to see and be seen to a greater degree than the cruisers. I commute 70 miles round trip each day and this bike has saved my soul. When the traffic gets jammed during high season, this bike is a sanity saver because as we all know, it's way more fun to be a part of the scene as opposed to looking out a car window at the framed scene. Super practical bike on many levels...hope you all enjoy yours as much as I have been enjoying mine. Aloha

Hello from new rider in NY/NJ area

Hi:

After a lot of research on this site, I recently purchased a used 2014 NC700x DCT from a wonderful seller down in DC. Bike was in excellent condition with many of the desirable mods (heated handgrips, center stand, and Givi cases, and madstand windshield). I hope to post more about my new buyer experience separately, but suffice to say, I'm very happy with the condition of this used bike.

I've had a motorcycle license since 2000, but I used it to ride a scooter. This is my first motorcycle. The DCT was crucial for me to move up.

I'm calling it the Guppy based on a picture I saw of the motorcycle with just the frame and engine. Cute, big-bellied thing. It also nods to the way I see riding it--new rider, learning the waters, nothing shark-like here. (Originally, I thought we'd be the SilverGuppy, but the model I bought is in fact black.)

bigguppy.jpg

In the week or so since I got it, I've managed a long-time dream of mine, riding down Skyline Drive in Virginia. After that, I did some riding on other motorcycle roads in West Virginia. All in all, I did 1000 miles this past weekend . Very happy about that too.

20170709_160712.jpg
20170715_152145a.jpg
20170715_153758a.jpg
20170715_202733.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Everyone, Steve from SoCal here. Just joined. Just got a new 2016 700 dct. It is my everyday bike. I also have a Harley 2011 Heritage, which is my pleasure bike. I pick up my 700 tomorrow. Very excited. I am 60, but as I like to say, a young 60. Got the 700 for commutes to work and quick trips. With more and more traffic, I had to get a smaller bike. Love my Harley, but think I'm gonna love the 700 too. It is very difficult to lane split with an 800 pound monster, so I got the 700. Looking forward to many years of riding.

Lurking here for a little while! I bought a 2012 Nc700x used last month, 2k miles. Already put another 1,000 on it!

Awesome first bike, I posted another thread asking for help mounting a set of mosko reckless 80's.... would appreciate and love any help I can get.

Hello from Northern Colorado. Been riding for over 30 years, currently have a 2000 Kawasaki Vulcan 800, 2012 Yamaha 250 Vstar, and a 2012 Honda nc700x. Currently out of town for work, bought the bike a week before I left and haven't seen it in over 4 months. I'm looking forward to riding it when I get home in 6 weeks. At least I have the Vstar here with me so I'm not bikeless.

Hi All,

Just joined this morning

I purchased a 2017 NC750X DCT in June and the bike has just gone in for its 1st service at 500 miles. Very happy at this early stage of ownership. The bike is sooo easy to ride, so I can concentrate on the all of the other dangers...

I am a relatively inexperienced rider and this is my second bike after restoring an old BMW airhead. I live in Yorkshire and have easy access to some amazing roads throughout the area. The UK is a busy little island with crowded roads, so a nimble machine with good torque and excellent visibility makes sense (IMO).

I have the Honda top box and panniers, plus centre stand and heated grips pack. In terms of other 'mods' an experienced biker told me to ride/own the bike for a while and it will tell you what it needs as I put the miles on.

Looking forward to learning from you folks

Chris

Welcome, and you picked an awesome ride! Not that we're overly biased here!! :D Spent quite a few caravaning trips and boy scout/ air cadet camping/ hiking/ outward bounds events on the North Yorkshire Moors. One of my favourite places and one that I miss the most since becoming an expat in the US! You certainly do have some great twisty roads available to you. I remember borrowing my parents car and going for some early solo runs shortly after passing my test. You very quickly learn the width of your vehicle and how much room on the road you really need!!

Plenty of mods here on the forum to browse/search through, but your experienced friend is right. Ride and figure out what you need. The only caveat I add to that is that if you're seriously thinking about a few mods that involve removing plastics or playing with electrics, then I would consider grouping those together and getting them done at one time!!

Oh, and it didn't happen unless there are pictures. Just sayin' :p

Thanks Fez,

How do I attach photo's, can't seem to find the attach button or am I missing something?

Struggling to attach the bike image, can anybody help, instructions not too clear on this site.

Thanks

Hint: Don't use Photobucket ; }

I myself post images inline here, using a link from flickr. Some just click the third-from-right image tool above, and then pick from Computer or from URL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chris, you have two main options, 1) hosted pictures from another location such as a photo storage website (Photobucket is an example, but not recommended); 2) post/upload the photos directly into the message - like this one.

First, click the picture icon while in the Quick Reply box
photo-icon1.JPG

Second select "From computer" (this posts/uploads directly) or "From URL" (this is using pictures that are already online, usually hosted at a photo storage website), in this case the former - and then click "Select files"
photo-icon2.JPG

Third, in the resulting dialog box (not pictured) browse your computer to select the picture(s) you are trying to post and click "open" once they're all selected

Fourth, you will then see a box similar to below, click on "upload..."
photo-icon3.JPG

Fifth, now you're back in your message box but you will have some text codes representing your pictures in the form of View attachment 12345 where 12345 is a number referencing the image file. If you uploaded more than one picture you will see these codes in a singe string. You then separate the groupings out to fit in with the text of your message, see below as a snippet of this message as an example.
photo-icon4.JPG

The "Go Advanced" button will bring you to window that also provides a "preview post" button in case you want to see what your post will look like before you finally hit the "submit reply" button.

You can also create albums and upload pictures outside of comments/threads, but that's for another day...

Back