• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Central PA -- Just rode home with a new leftover 2015 NC700X DCT. Was prepared to not like a few things about this bike, but 70+ miles later I am pleasantly surprised and quite happy. Just need a taller windscreen. Can not believe how smooth this thing shifts and in the regular drive mode, it does quite well although a quick paddle shift to 5th in sharp turns just makes it better.

New-ish Rider in Utah. Picked up my new Leftover 2015 NC700x a few weeks ago. My first real bike (I owned a beat up GS750 back in college, but it ran for about 4 weeks out of the 3 years I owned it).

300 miles on her so far. 200 miles of it in one go with a buddy. 20621319_10156498593404502_7089535830351397186_n.jpg

Hello from the Seattle area. I am somewhat of a new rider, I had a Honda 100 at age 16 that I put a few thousand miles on in the suburbs of LA. I sold it 6 months later to buy a car, that was 45 years ago and I have not had a motorcycle since. My father in-law recently passed and we inherited his Harley 1200 Sportster. We decided to give the bike a try to see if we liked it and sell it if we didn't. We first took the MSF through Harley to get experience on the bigger (HD 500) bikes and then the MSF 1/2 day additional rider course on the Suzuki 250's. Needless to say my wife of 5'5" and 125 lbs. felt overwhelmed practice riding on our Harley Sportster but felt very comfortable on the Suzuki. I also felt the Harley was a bit heavy to restart out on again. After a trip to our local Honda dealer to see what they had, we fell in love with the NC700x and the CB500x. The NC felt a little big still for my wife and the CB500x fit just right. I had read this forum and others for research and even found that Cigar Mike had done the same so that helped factor into our decision to go buy both bikes, last Thursday. The dealer had a great price on the new (leftover?) 2015 NC700x and with the 2 bike purchase they gave us a nice break on the 2017 CB500x (abs model). So we are out riding in the neighborhood about an hour a day getting comfortable with the bikes and riding in traffic. I have just ordered the Madstad windscreen for my bike after taking it to 60 mph and feeling a need to cut the wind down. We are looking forward to fun times riding and touring once we get real comfortable.Bikes.jpg

Last edited:
The 500 is a great bike with a wonderful engine.

The sportster has a nice reliable engine and lots of character. To me it is heavy for around town but does not have enough carrying capacity for touring. I don't know how tall you are, but for anyone over about 5'10" the sportster is way too small.

Almost everyone replaces the seat and windshield on the NC700, but don't go crazy with mods until you have a few thousand miles on it.

A quick easy thing is to make a spare key and keep it in the frunk lock so you can access it without turning off the bike.

Last edited:
Hi my name is Denis I leave in Angers Loire Valle know for its wine and castle. I got my NC750X 2016a year ago done 15000km of enjoyable riding in France. Gradually preparing the byke for trail riding may next year a tours in north of Spain.

I look forward to shares experience and if you are coming my way let me know, will go for a glass of or .

Nice to meet you all

DENIS

Hi, Willie here from Minnesota
I am seasoned rider with over 50 years riding experience, from Dirt Bikes to Gold Wings. I currently own a 2007 Goldwing and a brand new 2016 Honda NC700X, I just love the NC, taking me places where the Goldwing would never go, Lol.
I ride usually over 8 to 9K miles per year. I am thrilled to have found this forum, and to be welcomed to join.
I am pretty savvy technically, and look forward to contributing if I can help, and I look forward you your help as well.

Have a great day, Ride safe.

Willie.......

Last edited:
NW Comet..... Greetings from Olympia. Check out the Pacific Northwest Riders Group. There are a few of us in the Puget Sound Area. One of these days, maybe we'll actually get together to go ride. How about a day-trip loop around the Oly Peninsula?
Take care and welcome.
Go Hawks.
>Thom

NW Comet..... Greetings from Olympia. Check out the Pacific Northwest Riders Group. There are a few of us in the Puget Sound Area. One of these days, maybe we'll actually get together to go ride. How about a day-trip loop around the Oly Peninsula?
Take care and welcome.
Go Hawks.
>Thom

Thanks Olythom. It will be awhile before I ready to take on the a day trip around the Peninsula but will add that one to the list for future adventures.

Newbee

I just signed up . I have read many posts and finally decided to it was time. I bought my nc last October . It was a no brainer I lost my left arm in a crash back in 1999 .I hadn't ridden in 18 years . So I went searching for a bike that I could modify .my local dealer showed me a different model with an automatic trans i looked at the nc online and decided it was the bike for me . After not riding for so many years i cant tell you how happy this bike has made me .the only modification i had to make was to move the turn signal switch to the right side. So im glad to be riding again and glad to be a member of your community thanks for having me .

I just signed up . I have read many posts and finally decided to it was time. I bought my nc last October . It was a no brainer I lost my left arm in a crash back in 1999 .I hadn't ridden in 18 years . So I went searching for a bike that I could modify .my local dealer showed me a different model with an automatic trans i looked at the nc online and decided it was the bike for me . After not riding for so many years i cant tell you how happy this bike has made me .the only modification i had to make was to move the turn signal switch to the right side. So im glad to be riding again and glad to be a member of your community thanks for having me .

Wow! That is awesome, EK - welcome aboard from Portland OR

Hi guys thank you for welcoming me to the forum. I was reading a post about intros and realised I had not properly introduced myself .. my name is Kevin sides I live in South Carolina on lake Thurmond I have a 2016 nc 700 dct I've had it since last September I lost my left arm in a vs road racing event at summit pt raceway west virginia back in 1999 it's great to be riding again and I'm so happy to have found y'all . My bike is silver and black I. Put the crash bars and hid lights on it I also added a yosh r77 exaust and 12 v adaptor for my GPS . well thats it for now gonna go take a ride . rubber side down.
Kevin

I was just wondering how many nc owners are there in my area I live just outside of augusta ga. If there are a few how about a ride some weekend around lake Thurmond . Any body in ?

Hello from Milwaukee!
Been riding about 6 years with several bikes and settled in a nc700x. Came off an r1200gs, big change I know. I have been looking at the nc since they came out and finally got one for a great price so I bought one today! I have read many great things about these bikes and look forward to enjoying it. I like camping and light dual sporting, looking forward to sharing my experiences on the nc!

Hi from Cincinnati.
Got my NC 700 this month and am in the process of adding all my stuff to it. So far I am enjoying it. I always liked this bike and finally it's in my garage!

Back