• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New member welcome thread..

Howdy From Phoenix AZ

Howdy gang.
My name is Lou. I am a former NY Long Islander. Into all types of motorcycles. Own a few Harley's (please dont throw rotten tomatoes!!:D) and a WR450F
I really appreciate the info and expertise of all who contribute on the forum.
I hope to join in and contribute as well.
My newly acquired 2012 NC700X is fun but needs tweaking for my ergos. I hope to get some ideas here.
I look forward to the interactions here.
Ride safe all!

Welcome to the ride Lou, and a hearty welcome from north Idaho! I spent several years down in Tucson in the 80's. Man it is hot there. Your area was always 5-6 degrees hotter then we were every day. I lived up in Marana and commuted to Tucson daily for work. I also had a souped up Mustang that a bunch of us would all get together and drive our cars up to FIRP and race against a bunch of cards from that area and then drive our cars back home late that night. I used to ride a GS1150es back then, great times on those hot summer nights cruisin' the Blv'd!! :{)

Howdy Rapture!! Yeah its hot AF here in AZ right now. Been a record summer. I took out my NC700X the other day did 600 miles over two days in AZ. Camped out in the White Mountains. It was 114 deg when I retuned!! Yikes. Hope you are enjoying the coolness of Idaho. It sounds like you know AZ quite well. Its a great place to be (when its not summer!!). I used to ride an 81 GS750L back in 1986. Brings back memories. Ride safe my friend.
Welcome to the ride Lou, and a hearty welcome from north Idaho! I spent several years down in Tucson in the 80's. Man it is hot there. Your area was always 5-6 degrees hotter then we were every day. I lived up in Marana and commuted to Tucson daily for work. I also had a souped up Mustang that a bunch of us would all get together and drive our cars up to FIRP and race against a bunch of cards from that area and then drive our cars back home late that night. I used to ride a GS1150es back then, great times on those hot summer nights cruisin' the Blv'd!! :{)

Newbie from Utah here. Just got a 2014 NC700X a few weeks ago as my first bike! Been having a blast so far.

Hello all,

I currently own a Kawi Concours 14 but will hopefully soon mover over to the NC750X. Just playing the waiting game right now as NONE are currently available within 200 miles from me. I have one dealer promising late August, but we shall see. As I've gotten older I'm finding the need for power and speed (the Concours) just isn't there for me anymore. Neither is the 35-38 MPG I get on her.

I've decided to go with the DCT model due to creeping arthritis which can be pretty painful in my left hand at times. Never had anything like it (DCT) so I'm hoping I won't get bored riding with no clutch or shifter...

As soon as I get it delivered I'll be sure to post a pic, meanwhile everyone keep the rubber side down and I look forward to hearing helpful advice (mods, etc) from knowledgeable NC700X riders!

Mike

Hello all,

I currently own a Kawi Concours 14 but will hopefully soon mover over to the NC750X. Just playing the waiting game right now as NONE are currently available within 200 miles from me. I have one dealer promising late August, but we shall see. As I've gotten older I'm finding the need for power and speed (the Concours) just isn't there for me anymore. Neither is the 35-38 MPG I get on her.

I've decided to go with the DCT model due to creeping arthritis which can be pretty painful in my left hand at times. Never had anything like it (DCT) so I'm hoping I won't get bored riding with no clutch or shifter...

As soon as I get it delivered I'll be sure to post a pic, meanwhile everyone keep the rubber side down and I look forward to hearing helpful advice (mods, etc) from knowledgeable NC700X riders!

Mike

Was just at my dealer last night here in Ohio and he has a new NC750X on the floor. Didn't ask/look to see if it was manual or DCT. Great dealership to work with, couldn't recommend them highly enough. Just For Fun Honda, Middlefield OH.

Was just at my dealer last night here in Ohio and he has a new NC750X on the floor. Didn't ask/look to see if it was manual or DCT. Great dealership to work with, couldn't recommend them highly enough. Just For Fun Honda, Middlefield OH.

According to their web site, they have a DCT.

Hello all,

Mike

Welcome to the forum, Mike.

Just so you know, if you get bored with the auto shift, you can put the DCT in manual mode and shift it yourself with the +/- buttons.

Lots of great places to ride. Have been commuting a bit and starting to go up some canyons, until I ran over a 1-1/2 threaded screw in my neighborhood. Now I get to go through the process of replacing tires a little earlier than anticipated...

New Guy

Hi

I'm Ted ( Hamilton On) new here but not to riding.
Started in the 70's with a 1967 CB160. Currently 2013NC700X Abs
Love this site.
I am wondering where is the correct place to sell an extended clutch cable for the NC

Last edited:
Welcome Ted007. I have been getting out to the Milton area a number of times this year. Looks like there is some nice riding in the area.

Hello all,

I'm Scott Luthcke from Severna Park, Maryland. I bought my new (actually 2015 - 3 year leftover) NC700x about 2 months ago.... getting back into riding after a long hiatus.

I joined the forum a couple of weeks ago, but realized I should post an intro here... so a little late.

I grew up in Bergen Co. New Jersey and spent a good portion of my youth riding motorcycles. We had a family pass to Sterling Forest and would go up there on the weekends and rip around the dirt. Got my first bike on my 5 year-old birthday... a yellow Honda QA50 (I thought I went to heaven! Absolutely loved this bike!).... then an SL70 (weird bike), XR75 (4th grad....loved this bike!), RM100 (7th grade)... then RM125 in High School and brother had Elsinore CR125 (because my brother had the Honda, I had to be different and get the Suzuki). Dad rode Honda MR175. Spent many weekends trail and sandpit riding. For 4 years in college my only transportation was a Honda Rebel. Rode that thing everywhere and in all sorts of weather. Then I didn't ride for over 25 years. I recently rebuilt a free to me 2001 1200 sportster. Got it on the rode and realized I really missed riding. While I understand the appeal of the Harley thing and love all motorcycles, the sportster wasn't for me, so I found the NC700x and have been really happy with it.

Ultimately, I am interested in Mod-ing my NC700x enough so I can do the MABDR. If anyone has done the MABDR or is planning to do it, please let me know. Also, if anyone is in Maryland and would like to meet and ride let me know.

In the meantime, I am enjoying all the information in the forum.

Back