• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New NC700X for an Old Guy in Minnesota

Welcome from Central Florida and enjoy your new ride. I believe you made a very good choice in purchasing a NC700X. I just picked up a used 2012 NC700X myself and my sister has a 2015 NC700X. I am also new to this forum and there is
quite a bit of very good information and from what I can tell everyone here is great.

Welcome1 I am pretty new here also. I started out on a CB750 in 1974! Sweet bike. Had a BMW or two over the years. Didn't ride for over 25 years then last year devided at 62 to get a new bike! Got a CTX700 DCT on a total whim. When I picked it up I asked how does the DCT work. The "tech" and sales person said they had no clue. Never had sold one and never ridden one. Took a bit to figure out all the "rules", but with the help of the CTX forum, no problem. For back road riding here in New England it was just about perfect. The moter is stone axe dependable I added cheap side bags and a Bestem top case also a C. Baily screen. Great touring bike. I thought the seat was just fine for me. Then I went brain dead and traded it for a '17 HD Road King M8! Beautiful bike. Very comfortable and fabulous on the highway. But what a brute to move around! I knew I had the wrong bike when I stopped at Longfellow Inn in Sudbury and forgot to pay attention to how I parked and ended up iwth a small tree root right behind the back wheel and for the life of me could not roll the bike over it to back up! One good push with the Honda and it would have been no problem. So I just sold the bike and took a bath getting rid of it after 1400 Miles. Now I am in the market for a new bike. Heading back to the light touring world. The NC700, Versys 650 are Wee are the three top contenders. I ride solo and almost never on the interstate. For me the bigest drawback of the NC is the gas cap location. I like using a tail back and having to remove it to gas up would be a PITA. Although I see a forum member makes a rack that allows a bag and access to the gas cap.

Last edited:
Thanks RoadRider13- if you are serious about the NC, I would highly recommend Dale's HondaBikePro rack. I installed it and use it for a large rear pack when I tour, and it works great. I never ride two-up, so I don't need the passenger portion of the seat; if I did it's three bolts to put it back on. I'm with you about the light touring - would never go back to a 700-800 pound bike at my age. 450 is just right!

Not sure what a "tail back" is. Google search just showed lots of pictures of football players.
Is it tail bag?

If you get the Rear Carrier and a top box you can have access to the gas cap. My bike came with a rack, so I've ordered a new Givi Monolock top box.
I also have a tail bag that could fit over the passenger seat but could be unhitched and moved forward over the rider's seat during fill-ups.

Back