• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New NC750SA owner... and loving it!

scream_at_al

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm Alan, from Canberra, national capital of Australia. I just purchased my new bike a week ago and managed to ride it everyday since. This my first motorbike, I've held my moto licence for 12 years but have been a scooter rider in that time. I still have my P series Vespa, a 2005 model with a 200cc stroker 4 speed manual. It is a hoot to ride and I still love it but over the years I have become less confident riding it mainly due to the crappy road surfaces around these parts. I commuted on it at freeway speeds for a 44km (23 mile) round trip. It does 100 km/h (60 for you statesiders) but that's at top whack and it's revving its tits off. When I lived in Melbourne, a much bigger city in Aust, the Vespa made more sense as a commuter. Here in Canberra, there is less traffic and average travelling speeds are greater. The roads are generally good but there are many sections that are quite poor and slippy especially in the wet. At least there are no steel tram lines to negotiate like in Melbourne.

So I went shopping for a new bike. I knew I didn't want some boy racer crotch rocket type thing. The NC was really appealing due to the storage compartment, scooter type mod cons are rare in the moto world. Went on a test ride and wow, bought it on the spot! I was hooked on the low RPM torquey engine, so gutsy! The ride quality was rock solid compared to the 10 inch rims and ageing suspension of the Vespa. The NC has revitalised my love of riding and I have found myself riding the long way home from work in this last week. I'm very much looking forward to spending more time with it especially I have 3 weeks' leave coming up (although one week will be dedicated to the mountain bike of the pedalling variety).

I'm finding some gerat tips and stories from this forum so far. I'll be sharing more soon after a few more Ks.

Later!

Attachments

• IMG_1435_zps47e90d1f.jpg
    IMG_1435_zps47e90d1f.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 981
  • IMG_1434_zps0b45074e.jpg
    IMG_1434_zps0b45074e.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 685
Welcome to the forum. My ride to work is 3.9 miles going to work and 30,40 or 50 miles on the way home. Your bike looks great, I wish we could get white here in the USA, my bike is !RED!. I know, I could try painting it white with Plasti-Dip, but I think it would probably come out pink.

Last edited:
Look on the European, Canadian, or Australian Honda websites. Less suspension travel, lower seat, different bars, and a lot less bodywork.

Here in Aus, we can't get the X. Very nice also, but I think I would be too short. The SA is the ABS model, which is standard - no other option, also can't get DCT or the colour red downunder. The white is an awesome matte pearl which looks better in the sunshine than in the photos.

That was the 2013 colour of the S here in Canada. We have both the S and X, but no DCT option. ABS standard on all bikes. I think the 2014 750S we get is red, which I think just looks killer.

Welcome to the Forum. Sounds like you are already enjoying your new ride.

Congrats on the bike. I wish they offered the S model in the US. She looks good. Get a kick out of the way you guys downunder talk too. Good to have you on the forum.

Ah, good to see another S Downunder. Seems we're still a rarity out here, as I've only ever seen one other NC in the wild. Just racked up 33,000km the other day, mainly commuting (200km round trip)

Hi Alan,
I have the same bike and live in Sydney. Picked up mine 6th August 2014, ride everyday to and from work and weekend blats. I agree the storage is very useful and the low centre of gravity makes for a very nice ride. Lots of power and a comfy riding position. Just need to sort out the seat but that is a minor issue. I have done a 10 hour ride so the seat can't be too bad eh. Haven't seen another NC750SA in Sydney yet, maybe I'll see you on the road next time I visit Canberra.

Back