• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Owner In Ireland

Tinker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I have lurked on a few owner forums for the last several months after making up my mind to get an NC700X at the end of last year, I think a visit to the NEC show and later test ride were the deal clincher. My previous motorcycle of almost 5 years (there was a week in it) was a Buell Ulysses XB12XT. I had to sell that before making the shift to the NC700X hence the delay between making up my mind and getting the new bike yesterday.

Originally drawn to the NC700X to keep running costs down, the mileage is amazing, I am dropping 6 insurance classes and with it being my first Honda I am dying to see what this Honda reliability is like. That said I could tell after the test ride that I could live with the NC happily. I have ridden since 1997 and still only have a motorcycle licence, not needed to bother with a car licence yet so my bikes tend to be equal parts workhorse and commuter.

I have been slowly gathering up bits for the NC over the last several weeks and fitting them today. Have fitted Hepco & Becker luggage as it came fitted with the Buell and loved it. I found it better then the Givi stuff I had used pre-Buell. I have various Hepco luggage bits and pieces now so it made sense to keep using the stuff going forward. Coming back to chains after 5 years with a belt I wanted to get a Scottoliler as I used to swear by them on all my previous machinery but have ended up going for the Tutoro chain oiler and very happy thus far. Simple to fit and seems to do the job as good! Have also added some Pyramid Plastics hugger and extenda fender, again from previous experience with their products and happy to use again.

Up next? I have some SW-Motech hand-guards on order which are due to turn up within the next two weeks. At my first service my dealer is going to fit a 12v socket (had two on the Buell) and some heated grips (by Daytona). I am also thinking about some crash bars to complete the 'look', but they are on the long finger for the moment.

And that is it...for now ;-) I have posted some pictures on my first bout of wrenching in a Flickr set you can view here

Hope to chat to interact with you all on the forums at least in the future.

Peace and keep the rubber side down

Welcome from Oregon. Have fun adding all the accessories, but have more fun riding a great bike.

Thanks guys :)

Never been to Oregon but spent some time in the Buckeye state a few years back, Canal Fulton was my stomping ground, amazing scenery down South around Marietta and Hocking Hills.

Welcome from Southern California. I was in Ireland a few years ago and it was gorgeous. Would love to be riding your roads. You'll have to put up lots of pictures so we can all live vicariously.

Welcome from Arizona. My wife and I have fond memories of driving 'round the island (counter-clock-wise) about 18 or so years ago as I learned to drive on the wrong side of the road out of Belfast. Took the better part of a day to drive from the airport to the B&B but less than two hours to drive to the airport from that same B&B after 10 days of practice.

I tend to put all my pics up on Flickr, saves messing with copies everywhere ;) If you fancy a look you should find a healthy mix of Ireland, Scotland and even the US over there

Thanks for the link to your Fickr site. Of course I looked at the bike pix but poked through some of the other albums as well. Ahh, brings back memories!

Welcome from Middle California!! ;) I too have a flickr account but haven't used it much lately. Need to get out more often and take more pictures.

I looked at and drooled over the Ulysses before getting the NC. The NC suits me just fine, but the boy in me wishes I had the extra power that the Buell offers.

Last edited:
Have been a big fan of Flickr for years, but since they doubled the annual pricing and rolled out ads it has soured the experience for me. Have slowed down my postings there and just sharing through G+ now. Have told them as much, for what its worth.

'Middle California', I spent 3 months with family in Anaheim back in the 90's, hope to visit again.

I looked at and drooled over the Ulysses before getting the NC. The NC suits me just fine, but the boy in me wishes I had the extra power that the Buell offers.

I got the Uly XT new back in 2008. Fantastic machine, really loved her but it was the servicing costs that had bled me dry over the last 2 years so needed to change. NC made a whole lot of sense for me. Uly and NC upper speeds are not a whole lot different, just how quick you get there :D And of course the Uly pulled like a tractor so probably be more thoughtful when loading up the NC for camping trips. That said, if I want the NC to hustle better it would make more sense for me to shed the weight before starting on the bike :eek:

Have been a big fan of Flickr for years, but since they doubled the annual pricing and rolled out ads it has soured the experience for me. Have slowed down my postings there and just sharing through G+ now. Have told them as much, for what its worth.

'Middle California', I spent 3 months with family in Anaheim back in the 90's, hope to visit again.

Anaheim, I used to live in Lakewood and Torrance in the late 80' early 90's! Now I'm a bit north in Stockton, in the "Central Valley" as they call it.

Great Pictures

Hi All,

I have lurked on a few owner forums for the last several months after making up my mind to get an NC700X at the end of last year, I think a visit to the NEC show and later test ride were the deal clincher. My previous motorcycle of almost 5 years (there was a week in it) was a Buell Ulysses XB12XT. I had to sell that before making the shift to the NC700X hence the delay between making up my mind and getting the new bike yesterday.

Originally drawn to the NC700X to keep running costs down, the mileage is amazing, I am dropping 6 insurance classes and with it being my first Honda I am dying to see what this Honda reliability is like. That said I could tell after the test ride that I could live with the NC happily. I have ridden since 1997 and still only have a motorcycle licence, not needed to bother with a car licence yet so my bikes tend to be equal parts workhorse and commuter.

I have been slowly gathering up bits for the NC over the last several weeks and fitting them today. Have fitted Hepco & Becker luggage as it came fitted with the Buell and loved it. I found it better then the Givi stuff I had used pre-Buell. I have various Hepco luggage bits and pieces now so it made sense to keep using the stuff going forward. Coming back to chains after 5 years with a belt I wanted to get a Scottoliler as I used to swear by them on all my previous machinery but have ended up going for the Tutoro chain oiler and very happy thus far. Simple to fit and seems to do the job as good! Have also added some Pyramid Plastics hugger and extenda fender, again from previous experience with their products and happy to use again.

Up next? I have some SW-Motech hand-guards on order which are due to turn up within the next two weeks. At my first service my dealer is going to fit a 12v socket (had two on the Buell) and some heated grips (by Daytona). I am also thinking about some crash bars to complete the 'look', but they are on the long finger for the moment.

And that is it...for now ;-) I have posted some pictures on my first bout of wrenching in a Flickr set you can view here

Hope to chat to interact with you all on the forums at least in the future.

Peace and keep the rubber side down

Hello from New Mexico....,I just purchased the NC700x and have been about adding a few accessories as well. I put on the wind deflectors and center stand first. The stand makes it real easy to oil the chain with the chain wax I am using.(less messy). Indeed I do not have a chain oiler the likes of yours but myself. :) I bought an oversize windshield at Parabellum that is 22" (56cm) tall and find it very good for the strong western winds out here. I also picked up 2 soft cycle gear bags for the rear luggage. I made a u-bracket held in by bungees to help support the bags under the fender. I also shimmed the seat under the front tab by using galvanized steel plates that I made and drilled 2 holes to fit the shims under the tab and hold it into place. It raises the front seat by about 1/4" (.6cm). This seems to help even out the seat angle well for me. My previous bike for almost 5 years was a 1986 BMWr80rt--full fairing and luggage with the GIVI trunk. At 92 thousand miles and a new transmission and driveshaft I felt I had put enough into it and sold it. I simply grin every time I see the mileage I am getting (@74mpg). Safe riding and God bless you.

I love those pictures. I have an uncle in London,U.K. I have 3 pictures on my new member site. You've got some great accessories there and sound like you are a capable rider. Enjoy!

Back