• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New Owner In Ireland

Hey ....

Looks great .... Are those the 30L Junior Cases ??? When you get time, can you post some pics straight from the side and back ??

Thanks ..

Hey ....

Looks great .... Are those the 30L Junior Cases ??? When you get time, can you post some pics straight from the side and back ??

Thanks ..

Yes they are, I am guessing side and back when fitted on the NC? No problem, will take a few snaps tomorrow and post back here to let you know they are up.

Yes ... with them on the NC .... ....
and while I'm asking .... both close-up and back a ways to get the whole bike in the picture.

Thanks a bunch ...

Yes they are, I am guessing side and back when fitted on the NC? No problem, will take a few snaps tomorrow and post back here to let you know they are up.

Yes ... with them on the NC .... ....
and while I'm asking .... both close-up and back a ways to get the whole bike in the picture.

Thanks a bunch ...

Here we go, you should find photos added to the set HERE. Hopefully that's what you had in mind. The reflective chevron stickers I have added myself.

I had Hepco's on the Buell and my only complaint was the size of the side cases (Journey 42ltr with a Buell badge). Great for travelling but as soon as you hit built-up areas it was difficult to filter. So frustrating on the morning commute. The Juniors made much more sense for the NC700X, but I was not sure about the Topcase as I could not find much on whether it would take my helmet, I knew the trunk would though so not worried if it did not. So I can confirm that the topcase does take a small flip-up helmet comfortably, any larger I would say no. Really like the Hepco stuff better then the Givi, they have never leaked and the styling is more to my preference (more substance over form). Highly recommend.

Greetings and welcome from West Virginia. I had looked at the Ulysses several years ago when considering a change from the R1200C. In hindsight, it would have been a better choice than the Multistrada I bought. Am extremely satisfied with the NCX purchase with consideration to the operating and maintenance costs.

Hey Tinker ...

Thanks a bunch for posting the additional pictures !

I agree ... the H&B 30L junior bags fit the NC great ...

Here we go, you should find photos added to the set HERE. Hopefully that's what you had in mind. The reflective chevron stickers I have added myself.

I had Hepco's on the Buell and my only complaint was the size of the side cases (Journey 42ltr with a Buell badge). Great for travelling but as soon as you hit built-up areas it was difficult to filter. So frustrating on the morning commute. The Juniors made much more sense for the NC700X, but I was not sure about the Topcase as I could not find much on whether it would take my helmet, I knew the trunk would though so not worried if it did not. So I can confirm that the topcase does take a small flip-up helmet comfortably, any larger I would say no. Really like the Hepco stuff better then the Givi, they have never leaked and the styling is more to my preference (more substance over form). Highly recommend.

Last edited:
Greetings and welcome from West Virginia. I had looked at the Ulysses several years ago when considering a change from the R1200C. In hindsight, it would have been a better choice than the Multistrada I bought. Am extremely satisfied with the NCX purchase with consideration to the operating and maintenance costs.

With regards to the Buell I am looking forward to see what Erik rolls out this Fall/Winter. Be good to see them back in the showrooms, though when we will see them on this side of the pond is another thing. At the time I was looking at the BMW R1200C and Moto Guzzi Norge but the Buell ticked more boxes for me. NC the better choice for me now though, at least until the other manufacturers can come close to those mpg figures!

Again, thanks all for the warm welcome.

FINALLY got around to the first full fuel-up a few nights ago. The bike came with about 3-4 bars on the dash so when the last bar started flashing I had covered 172 km / 107 miles when I put in a 'partial' fill up. Now I have had my first full fill up, logged it all on Fuelly and I can report that I managed 3.4 L/100km or 84.1mpg (UK) or 70mpg (US)

I am finding it hard to believe, though I should add the caveats that I have been keeping the revs low and generally riding easier than I normally would, at least until I get the first service out of the way. That said, the more I get used to the gearing the more fun I am finding her on the country roads. Really glad I made the change.

Last edited:
Welcome! I've visited Ireland several times (unfortunately not on a bike) but am not familiar with Meath, where is that?

If you ever go across the sea to Ireland
Then may at the closing of your day
You will sit and watch the moon rise over Claddagh
And see the sun go down on Galway Bay.

My grand father sang this song quite often. I'd love to see a picture of an NC700 from the shores of Galway Bay.

Welcome! I've visited Ireland several times (unfortunately not on a bike) but am not familiar with Meath, where is that?

County Meath borders County Dublin (the North West border of Dublin). If you have watched the Mel Gibson movie Braveheart then you have seen County Meath, most of that was filmed just up the road from me in and around the town called Trim. Trim Castle was transformed into the villages etc for use in it, all that is long gone (set on fire for a scene in the film) but I have some recent pictures here.

Obviously lots more to offer than that ;-) My personal favourite is Newgrange, a large burial site older the the Egyptian pyramids and the roads over to there are fantastic to ride so always worth a trip.

If you ever go across the sea to Ireland
Then may at the closing of your day
You will sit and watch the moon rise over Claddagh
And see the sun go down on Galway Bay.

My grand father sang this song quite often. I'd love to see a picture of an NC700 from the shores of Galway Bay.

Hint taken... next time I am near Galway will see what I can do ;)

Back