• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New rider, new bike!!!

Azimuth

Reaction score
Visit site
image.jpgNew 2013 NC with Vstream sport touring windshield, center stand, and OME heated grips (yet to be installed). Plan also to add barkbusters hopefully at the same time as grips. Living in Montana, had dry roads yesterday and took opportunity to ride back and forth on county road in front of my house practicing starts, stops, shifting, and low speed maneuvering (first bike and don't have full endorsement yet). Feels kind of like learning to drive all over again. I love the bike so far and have already put about 40 miles on in practice. Plans for beginners riding class when next offered in April. Until then just practice on my county road. Happy to be a full bike owning member of the club.

Congratulations on the new NC. I was a new rider when I got my NC and found it a very friendly bike to ride. In fact I found the NC handled better than the junky bikes the Oregon motorcycle course used. Even took my endorsement test at the DMV on the NC without any problems. Hope you get some decent weather in Montana so you can keep practicing.

Welcome along Azimuth, enjoy. :)

I see you have great taste in crash helmets too. :cool:

Not that I'm biased in any way.............:rolleyes:

947369676205eb549cfc48a3668acffd_zps6bdfc269.jpg

Welcome and congratulations! I bought my NC late in the year and was only able to ride it for one week and 100 miles before I had to put it away for the winter. :)

I don't know how you guys do it... buy a bike and have to immediately store it for winter. That would drive me nuts!

<----- From California, where there is no off season.

Welcome new guy!

I don't know how you guys do it... buy a bike and have to immediately store it for winter. That would drive me nuts!

<----- From California, where there is no off season.

Welcome new guy!

Same here. I don't think I could do it. I don't have a car so I get to ride mine every day. Californian's often say, "What are you going to do in the rain?" Really....the 32 days it rains a year....I think I'll survive. It's not a blizzard or even snow where I live. Love riding everyday!!!!! And an NC is a great option if your brave enough to only have a bike.

I would drive myself even crazier constantly checking Craigs List and the dealer web site to see what the latest Honda incentives were. I would change my mind five times on what bike I thought I wanted. For me its much easier this way!

I would drive myself even crazier constantly checking Craigs List and the dealer web site to see what the latest Honda incentives were. I would change my mind five times on what bike I thought I wanted. For me its much easier this way!
Agree 100% Mike. I have been watching the 2013's, that I was able to locate, slowly sold off over the past 3 months. That included the 1 at my local dealer at the end of September. I was down to the last 2 I could find within a day's drive and decided I had to jump. Was able to get bike, up grades, and full Klim Badlands gear for the MSRP of a '14. With the budget I had, the '13 was the only bike that was going to work.

So in response to TrackCage, it was either look at my bike everyday on my back porch with a foot of snow on the ground, or take a chance at loosing all the '13's and remain without a bike until next fall in the same situation.

Welcome from Missoula. I bought a 2012 NC700X that was delivered in January 2013. So far I've managed to ride it every month but last Feb. which, as you may recall, all of us in Montana spent plowing snow. So far I have managed to put over 18000 miles on it so you will get plenty of riding if you want. That being said winters here tend to be a bit frustrating for bikers. but the riding season more than makes up for it .

Be safe and have fun. I'm sure you will have a blast.

Back