• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New serial number thread, more info please

soggybottom

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I find it hard to believe that honda would randomly build various models for many differant countries with differant emisson and safty standards. I would like to see the number, date of birth, city and country purchased. The month and yr born is on left side sticker front down tube. If this seems like its been over done so let it wither on the vine. Sorry in advnce that I'm way too anal and ocd....

My stats are silver DCT/ABS, 00045, born may 2012, purchased sept 28th 2012, Phoenix Az USA.

So if someone has a close serial number to mine (for example) but a differant birthday (differant month) than somtin ain't kosher.

I'll play...

Silver Manual, 00931, born June 2012, purchased Sept 26th 2012. Georgetown, TX (Austin area).

trey

Emissions can be handled by an ECU (if these have one - don't Honda call it "throttle-by-wire"?), as for the rest, it's down to what is percieved the market demands, as well as regulatory demands.

So far I see:

NC700X manual, no ABS - USA
NC700X manual, ABS - UK/Europe
NC700X auto, ABS - USA/UK/Europe

Color availability:

Silver in USA
4 color options in UK/Europe

ABS is a requirement on all new vehicles in UK and Europe.

Best regards,
BikerDude.

Mine is #148 - NC700XA - A for ABS - Manual version. Date of manufacture 5/12 - purchased July 18, 2012 in London Ontario, Canada

My NC700X is #57, and was manufactured 5/12. I bought it about 10 days ago, new, in Avondale, AZ.

Darkness Black Metallic
Manual ABS/Combined
Manufacture date: May 2012
Vancouver Canada
Purchased Sep/29/12

WOW! Your 46 and my 45 are twins! 2 DCT's born on the same day in sequence and USA bound! This is what I'm talkin bout! We should meet at a gas station some day and let them sip some golden nectar together.

stop by any time you are in L.A. Are you going to the Long Beach Cycle show?

Mine is #148 - NC700XA - A for ABS - Manual version. Date of manufacture 5/12 - purchased July 18, 2012 in London Ontario, Canada

Darkness Black Metallic
Manual ABS/Combined
Manufacture date: May 2012
Vancouver Canada
Purchased Sep/29/12

Interesting. I am also in Canada. Mine is # 106, Dark Black, Manual / ABS, Mfg 05/12, Purchased 10/12

Took a look last night and couldn't find the sticker. Maybe UK bikes don't have it or maybe I was looking in the wrong place

I think we (North America) get saddled with additional namby pamby safety/warning/hazard/idiot decals that you guys don't.

You should have the bike's serial number and various info details on a metal plate usually riveted to the steering stem neck. We get that one and a sticker saying it all over again, on the left front frame tube near the radiator.

Back