• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

New tires mounted, plus Ride-on report.

Aftermarket tyre sealants were quite popular in the UK a few years ago. However, most tyre dealers will not change tyres with sealant as they say that it gums up their tyre changing machines. As a result of this policy, the use of tyre sealants has diminished quite a bit.

I can also comment on the Metzelers. I rode in cold weather last night ~50 degrees, and with the front having a 200 mile advantage over the new rear tire I could immediately notice that they seemed to ride stiff. They didn't seem to have that give that my Dunlop Elite III's have, and also made some road noise until they warmed up after a short ride. I think once I get my life out of these tires, I will make a switch as well. I still have that Metzeler tire for sale in the forums, if anyone is looking for a tube replacement tire for their NC.

I'd been wondering about the cold weather performance of the Ride-On compound. Since there is plenty of cold weather out this way - I've ridden in 30 degree temps at times, plenty of 40 and 50 degree temps. Wandering around on the web I came across dry wheel balancing beads - as in Dyna Beads or CounterAct. I wouldn't imagine temperature would have any affect on them. They wouldn't have the mess of Ride-On but then wouldn't offer anything in the way of tire puncture protection. Anybody have any experience, comments, opinions, . . . ?

Last edited:
I guess I will find out how the cold weather will effect my PR3's with Ride-On, since my coolest morning ride was 9 degrees F.
I used Dyna beads in my GL1200, but I went with Ride-On this time because if I had a flat, I wouldn't have to worry about the beads sticking to the plug, making my tire out of balance.
Wait until January/February and I will report back with the news. Up until now, I Love the Ride-On and will recommend it.

Having been a Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki and Kemco, I have a tire changing machine that has change a lot of tires in my dealership for over 19 years. The Ride On does no damage at all to any tire machine. Not a single drop of Ride On ever came out of any tire onto any of the tire machines. A lot of dealers do not carry Ride On because a dealer has to purchase Ride On by the case, or the large buckets that require the expensive pumps. It does take the dealership about 2 years to recover the price of the startup equipment, so some dealers just don't carry it. It can be purchase at all cycle gear dealerships, as this is a large nation wide company selling motorcycle accessories. I know the manager of the local cycle gear near my home, and he would not get on his bike either without Ride On in his bikes tires. I owned my Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, and Kemco dealership for over 19 years, and I would go anywhere without Ride On in my tires.6.jpg

smileybeatles.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I just changed out a set of tires with Ride-On in them. It stayed distributed on the bottom (tread) portion of the tire and created no mess at all in changing them. Dyna beads can be a mess at change time and of course do nothing for punctures.

Rear Z8 ran out on me about the same mileage. I went with PR3s front and back and with 1k on them have liked them. A little noisier than the Z8s and maybe a little slower on turn in. They aren’t as skiddish when you hit gravel on the road and have been way better off road. Also decided to try the Ride-On since it has gotten good reviews on the forum.

The neat thing about Ride On is you throw away all wheel weights. Constantly balancing the tire as the rubber wears off, as water seeks its own level. I can understand the skepticism everyone has had about this product, as I had the same skepticism myself for over two years. Not until the Tucker Rocky representative and one of my mechanics put it in my tires without me knowing what they were doing. Sense 1978 I could never get the front tire into perfect balance on the GL1000, and this stuff got the job done for the first time ever.

Now, I would not leave home without Ride On in my tires. I still carry my mushroom plugs, as nails can still go though side of tires. I never ever thought about the front fender flap as a preventative for nails, until the Horizons Unlimited North Carolina meeting I went to. They say it will cut down on rear tire flats by 1/3. So, front mud flat comes next.8.jpg

smileyGlass.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Now that I have Ride-On. My wheel weights will be recycled into projectiles. Since my tires stay balanced for the life of the tire, they should last a lot longer.
Now if I could only stop doing 300' burnouts and 120 mph wheelies! ;)

Anybody changed out their Bridgestones yet? What kind of mileage did you get from them? The metzlers are getting 7 to 9K miles, just curious about the Bridgstones.
confused.jpg

I've only got about 6,200 miles on my original Bridgestone tires and the front is in definite need of changing. The rear could go a bit more.

Just like turbodieseli4i6, I got 12,000 on my Bridgestone OEM tires. I could have gone a little more, but I was leaving on a trip so I changed both tires. These are very good street tires, and I am a street rider. For off road follow the advise of some folks in the know on this forum.

Continental Twinduro TKC80 Dual Sport Tires (front) 120/70-17

Heidenau K60 (rear) 150/70-179.jpg

SmileyTwoThumbsWink.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
Riding on the wrong side of the road had to have caused that premature tread wear! Sure would like some Japan pictures.0.jpg

SmileyJapan.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I have 6000 odd on my Metzelers and they are still in great shape. I'll get 10K out of the rear for sure and more out of the front.

Anybody changed out their Bridgestones yet? What kind of mileage did you get from them? The metzlers are getting 7 to 9K miles, just curious about the Bridgstones.
View attachment 7453

Replaced rear twice so far ~8,200-8,400 miles looks to be about the right time for how and where I ride - though I couldn't get into the shop right away and ended up wearing both through to the steel belts before they got changed. Replaced front once so far, wasn't worn out but wanted fresh rubber to start the new riding season with - think I have ~13,000 miles on this one.

Last edited:
Back