• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Newbie questions about exhaust noise and safety

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of obnoxiously loud open pipes, but anybody who says that a loud pipe has no effect on your safety just doesn't know what they are talking about. If people don't know you are there, they are more likely to try to share space with you, which might kill you. It's not complicated.

I can't say for certain whether or not loud pipes save lives and I don't think anyone else can either, simply due to the lack of statistics to point to in support of that argument. There most probably have been instances where they have, but how often? What I do find quite interesting is that often the most adamant supporters of the "loud pipes save lives" mantra are those who ride black bikes and wear black leather and black helmets. If they were that worried about saving lives I would think they'd want to be seen as well as heard. My personal belief is that being seen is a lot more effective at saving lives than ear splitting engine noise is. But I have no proof of that.

The OP expressed satisfaction with the information obtained in the thread (post #20). I see no sense in taking the Loud Pipes discussion any further. The server might run out of space before a conclusion is reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back