• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Newest Farkle

I started riding in 1965 and from 1965 to 2008 I kept no records at all and always wish that I had.

From 2008-2013 I started logging mileage and rode 67,030 miles in those 6 years, averaging 11,173 a year.

Have no idea how many days per year I rode, or what the weather conditions were back then

In May 2013 I retired.

Since Jan 1, 2014, I have kept a daily log which contains all of that missing information

example yesterday 10/22/23:
55 degrees and sunny
22/270
NC 42 mi

So: daily weather conditions at time of ride, I have ridden 22 days for the month so far/270 days for the year so far, 16,909 total miles for the year so far and rode the NC, 42 miles

Today will be, let's say for example

63 degrees sunny
23/271
NC 50 mi

etc

So, I know since retiring, I have ridden 219,878 miles, an average of 22,552 miles a year, ridden 2,988 days, average 74 miles per day, and average 302 days riding a year
Adding in mileage from 2008-2013 and I have ridden 286,908 miles as of yesterday

Can you tell I don't have any other hobbies?

See, so I collect totally useless information, in many log books, stored upstairs in my motorcycle room, that my son will have to clear out and put in a dumpster after I'm gone in a few years lol.
Why do I get the feeling that you kinda like riding? :)

One thing I got used to on my ST 1300 was the digital ambient temp gauge. Was a disappointment that the NC 750 didn't have one. On my 2021 there's even a dandy place for it in the upper rh corner of the gauge package to the right of the digital clock, but Honda apparently decided it wasn't important.

There's also a dandy spot for a small aftermarket one on the fairing right below the gauge package and above the key, a nice small flat spot.

o1dJgXzh.jpg

I tried finding a small one online without much success, when someone suggested one for an aquarium from a Pet Store. Could be used wet or dry, which would come in handy for something used outdoors in all conditions.

So, I ran up to the local Petco and found a nice little digital unit for $14.95 made by Zoo Med Laboratories. Reads both F and C. It only came in bright yellow, however some black electrical tape fixed that, and some sticky backed Velcro mounted it in place. The probe just hangs inside the fairing well.

I9iLal4h.jpg

This morning it read 54.9 in my garage. A mile up the road the gauge indicated 42. Four miles up the road I dropped down a big hill toward the river and the temp dropped to 38 by the time I got to the river, a tenth of a degree at a time. It rose back to 42 as I came back up the hill on the reverse ride. The thermometer outside my house on the porch read 42 when I checked it when I got home, so it seems to be fairly accurate. Who knows.

Don't know how long it will last (It's got a year's guarantee they said) but it didn't cost much and provides info I was lacking/missing. For $15 I'm happy with it so far.
This would make for a great "bikewarming" gift! (wink, wink)
;-)

Back