• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Okay be honest...who has suffered some buyer’s remorse?

"The parallel-twin engine layout offers improved packaging for the rest fo the bike’s design, by freeing up space for the airbox and fuel tank when compared to the V-twin used on the original Africa Twin. This will also eliminate the potential cooling issues with the rear cylinder bank. "

Can you say frunk? :) Ok, I'm tweaked now too!

I do not think they have frunk on this one, but this is finally something from Honda to compete with Tenere and GS. I have a soft spot for Honda's engineering. Quite often they are not the first one to adapt the latest gizmos, but when they do, they think it through well. XR650L did not change for 20 years and still being sold. Hopefully they will retain this culture...

OK I don't own one yet, but I am in the running. I've had a vstrom 650 and a couple other bikes. OK I will admit its down on power, but I have witnessed NC bliss on the Dragon... that guy went faster around that road than anyone on an NC and dragging knees... so I decided to give it a 2nd shot... so I borrowed a buddies, took it for my usual route ride and well honestly aside from that acceleration thrill that my 1100 has, it really did everything I asked it too and it honestly went through the twisties faster and with less effort. I think with an exhaust and maybe some shorter gearing the bike would be a fun ride. 80 mpg and the frunk is just icing on the cake. Its so light, so simple... just twist and go.

OK I don't own one yet, but I am in the running. I've had a vstrom 650 and a couple other bikes. OK I will admit its down on power, but I have witnessed NC bliss on the Dragon... that guy went faster around that road than anyone on an NC and dragging knees... so I decided to give it a 2nd shot... so I borrowed a buddies, took it for my usual route ride and well honestly aside from that acceleration thrill that my 1100 has, it really did everything I asked it too and it honestly went through the twisties faster and with less effort. I think with an exhaust and maybe some shorter gearing the bike would be a fun ride. 80 mpg and the frunk is just icing on the cake. Its so light, so simple... just twist and go.

With lower gearing and aggressive riding you won't get 80mpg.
But you hit the nail right on the head with your comment about doing the same thing as bigger bikes with less effort.
I traded in my Vstrom 1000 for my NCx and will say that it does everything as good or better than the Vstrom with less effort on my part,especially OFF-ROAD ....

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

ok, I am being honest - I regret a little bit, if I had bought what I wanted in first place I would not have to change anything right now, saving money in the end as well.
I have to thank my nc750x that it didn't crash me even once ;)

With lower gearing and aggressive riding you won't get 80mpg.
But you hit the nail right on the head with your comment about doing the same thing as bigger bikes with less effort.
I traded in my Vstrom 1000 for my NCx and will say that it does everything as good or better than the Vstrom with less effort on my part,especially OFF-ROAD ....

I'm getting maybe 40 mpg now... so even if I lose 20mpg on the NC, I'm still waaaay ahead.

I ride everyday year round,I have lower gearing,50/50 tires,alum panniers ,hippo hands ( winter ) and get right around 55 mpg commuting.I got as high as 75mpg on the Dalton fully loaded .
8ec1590d1c286d4bcbd58e860e8b31a3.jpg

793e8bd90239f5e0a14e36728813732f.jpg

After riding it for over 5,000 miles now, nope, I do not regret it. Makes for the perfect bike to ride back and forth to work. Also like it for fun on the weekends for little trips here and there. BUT, I do have to admit, I wouldn't mind adding a little cruiser to the stable. Maybe a smaller Harley or something like the Honda Shadow

The More Miles I put on my NC7X the better it gets,

It just seems to keep breaking in, and loosening up, and getting more power, and it keeps getting torqier, I love riding it through all the twisties buy my house. It is a pleasure to ride.

It is Not as top heavy as the 09' Vstrom 1000, I traded in on it.

Doctor: So, patient, do you still suffer from your wet dreams?
Patient: I wouldn't call it "suffer", doctor...

Same story here - enjoying my "buyer’s remorse" every moment I ride my NC:cool:

I sometimes wish I would have taken some more time to consider my alternatives like the Honda CBR650F or the Yamaha MT09 Tracer; both with more power and for slightly more money than I spent for my NC with all accesories. The NC is the perfect bike for what I use it for: commuting, getting from a to b on highways, and getting out on the weekends. But sometimes I just want the CBR's smoothe 4 cylinder or the Yamaha's looks.

After 19,000+ miles on the bike, after trading in my 2009 BMW G650gs on it. Nope, none whatsoever. Nothing wrong with the G650gs, just got tired of 'hearing' that thumper all day long (I place 32,000 miles on the bike in 4 years). Never noticed the vibrations on the BMW until I rode a Honda NC700x (my buddy's). MPG is about the same, slow riding or super-slabbing it. Top speed is about the same on both bikes. The Honda in my opinion is a little quicker off the line. However, the Honda is much less expensive to purchase, maintenance is much easier (oil changes, valve checks, etc..) and maintenance/parts are cheaper on the Honda; both handles the 'off-road' about the same (my offroad consists of rough gravel roads and some fire trails).
If I had to buy the bike again, would I? yes, yes, and triple yes (even though the Indian Scout is screaming my name).

There is no reason to buy the NC700 if you are not buying the DCT model. Just about any bike with a standard transmission in that class outperforms the Honda in almost every other respect. That said, if the Suzuki V-Strom Adventure was available with DCT technology I would be on it.

There is no reason to buy the NC700 if you are not buying the DCT model. Just about any bike with a standard transmission in that class outperforms the Honda in almost every other respect. That said, if the Suzuki V-Strom Adventure was available with DCT technology I would be on it.

Except in fuel mileage ,build quality ( subjective )
Ease of maintenance ,etc...

That's a pretty bold statement, and I beg to differ.

Replace the you are with I was, first of all, and recognize the word "outperforms" is relative, and in the eye of the beholder. Why on earth would I want a faster, quicker bike with more horsepower, or less mpg's, or less storage, when I got the NC specifically for these reasons, attributes that it has, or does not have?

I love the NCX because of it's frunk. I don't want a scooter of any kind that can best an NCX in the storage category.
Does the Aprilia Mana have a larger, more capable frunk? Possibly, I don't know. Regardless, nope, I don't want an Mana either, especially with the CVT type transmission it uses. I happen to like manual shifting. It's part of what appeals to me about motorcycles in the first place.

I don't want a VStrom instead of an NCX. I *did* think about a Vstrom ...before the NCX came out. As soon as the Honda came out, I didn't hesitate for even a nanosecond in my decision, and that's nothing against the 'Strom, but having a choice, it's the NC 100% of the time for me.

Versys? No thanks. KLR650? No thanks. FZ07 or whatever they are that are remotely close in cc's and maybe price? As nice as one may be for someone else, way, way, no thanks! I personally don't care for them at all.

A Ducati of some sort? Ya, not happening. A Triumph? No thank you.

All these examples outperform an NC in mpg's? In frunkishness? In low rpm sedate burbling and relaxed cruising? In user friendly maintenance? Huh!

Don't even get me started on any BMW lol

this is absolute nonsense statement - low center of gravity, low maintenance, great torque at low speeds, one of the best MPG if not the best, frank!, very nimble and easy to ride bike either on streets and off-road just to name a few reasons you still want to buy nc700/750x over other brands. BTW DCT for most of the riders is not a factor at all since they would never ride a scooter anyway. Also it's not true most bikes in that class outperforms nc750x.

Last edited by a moderator:

every aspect???? almost mean more than 90%.

are you sure?
90% of bikes has storage?
90% of bikes get 70 mpg?
90% of bikes handle better then the NC
90% of bikes has better quality?
90 % of bike has better shifting, better engine, less maint,

are you sure?
please compare apple to apples.

You really woke up this thread !!

Back