• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Okay be honest...who has suffered some buyer’s remorse?

Well, build quality could be better, at least the plastics with their huge gaps and poor fit in some areas. Can't realy judge the mechanical build quality, but that seems to check out :D

There is no reason to buy the NC700 if you are not buying the DCT model. Just about any bike with a standard transmission in that class outperforms the Honda in almost every other respect. That said, if the Suzuki V-Strom Adventure was available with DCT technology I would be on it.

I might purchase a manual non abs model over the dl650XT this winter.

NC Owners are not interested in out performing others, they are interested in riding their own ride.

With the NC. After you take the conservative route and drop $1,000 in suspension up grades and front fender riser, you have a transpo that can go everywhere the XT can go. More cash needs to be put down for a engine/radiator guard.

Granted, with the XT, the spoked wheels are nice, but you still have to do the following:
Bark busters (sale stock ones)
up grade front stock suspension. Stock is 5.9"
Skid plate
Fix long reach on the bars (subjective)
Remove beak.
Sale off the sick wide luggage.

Seems like I would take the non ABS NC over the XT.
Lighter
Lower COG. Even after seat hieght is jacked up to 34-35".
more torque for climbing hills
Lower pipe for better cargo room
21 liter frunk
Less cost per mile.
Easier service. 8,000 mile valve checks are much easier to do on the road than the 14,500 service on the XT.
No ABS to allow the rider to slow down on hilly dirt roads decents.

The 16 year old engine of the XT is slowy getting closer to being a good all a rounder touring vic, but STILL work needs to be done by the owner.
I believe the NC has the better platform to tour from.

Last edited:
I bet a high% of NC owners sold/traded in a bigger more powerful bike !!.
I traded in my 95hp DL1000 for my X,and have never looked back.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

Traded in a Kawi ZR7S, only got 55 mpg tops after I did a gearing change to increase it.
It had 70 HP and a 10,500 redline, much fun but I'm cheap and $4 - $5 a gallon gas scares me. :p
It does have a 5+ gallon tank, so range was a bit better although at a higher cost.

I sold my 750 Nighthawk to buy the NC. After my first ride I wondered what had I done. I missed the growl of the Nighthawk, the smooth power and the comfort of the cockpit. A few rides and mods later the NC is growing on me. I think the right saddle may make the final difference to leave me with no regrets.

I sold my 750 Nighthawk to buy the NC. After my first ride I wondered what had I done. I missed the growl of the Nighthawk, the smooth power and the comfort of the cockpit. A few rides and mods later the NC is growing on me. I think the right saddle may make the final difference to leave me with no regrets.

Seat Concepts !!.

Live life,be yourself !!!!.

I've got seat concepts on my DR and its very comfortable. I've ridden up to ten days and been fine...(well, except for one day when I did 600 miles)

After years of honing my riding skills on a variety of motorcycles I have developed a decent understanding of what makes a motorcycle fun and rewarding to ride. My friends with an HP4 and Panigale find the NC700x highly entertaining to watch as it disappears into the distance on a twisty road. On the right road, and there are a lot of them in my neck of the woods, the NC is all you need to set an entertaining pace. It is a glider in a world full of jets. And it uses almost no fuel as it sits idling at the stop sign waiting for the sport bikes to arrive.

Zero remorse

KEB

There is no reason to buy the NC700 if you are not buying the DCT model. Just about any bike with a standard transmission in that class outperforms the Honda in almost every other respect. That said, if the Suzuki V-Strom Adventure was available with DCT technology I would be on it.

Since everyone else was having fun here with this I wanted to join in on the fun!

The NC is such a unique bike.
This is one that you really cannot compare to any other bike.
The Versys and the VStrom are very similar in all areas but mainly in the main purpose or use of the machines.
Though they are billed as "Adventure Bikes" but most people would not really consider taking them off of the hardtop roads.
They are built with high revving, built more for speed engines.

The NC is truly what the "NC" in the model indicates - New Concept!
When Honda created this bike the Moto Magazines started scratching their heads trying to figure out how to classify it or what category to jam it into.
It basically is in a category all it's own.
Then the DCT separates it even more.
I feel totally comfortable (and plan to!) taking my NC off road on some nice logging roads and conservation district roads.
This would not really be considered with the other two.
It is my commuter machine literally putting money back into my pocket every time I ride it to work because my other option would be a car at 26 MPG and a truck at 16 MPG.
Then look and listen to the stories of where the men and women on this forum have taken the NC - from northern most Alaska to to remote areas of Canada to the mountains and deserts of the southwest to the streets of most every inner city.

Once you get past the similar looks of the NC to certain bikes the similarities end.
Just enjoy the NC for what it really is - a lean, mean, melting pot machine.
(Cue the Lee Greenwood Patriot music for this next sentence!)
This bike has put into metal, rubber, plastic, and design the same thing that made America one of the best countries in the world - all the people came together adding their little bit of spice creating one awesome outcome!
Whether by mistake or on purpose Honda has created a bike with the potential to fill certain areas of what almost every rider desires.
(Turn off the music and put your ESPN Sports Center back on in the background!)

Give yourself the freedom to step back, look at your NC, and realize how unique a machine you have.

God bless!!

Michael

I haven't had the bike long, but have no remorse so far.

I got a great deal on the bike - and with some added mods this bike will give me everything I'm looking for.
It was very forgiving to transition from borrowing my dad's vespa last riding season, to a full manual clutch, larger bike.

I love the low center of gravity on it, I can stick weighty panniers on it and it still balances very well. Any of my "adventure" riding will be nothing more than dirt or light gravel tracks at most anyway.
With panniers, I can store all of my riding gear and change into street shoes when I am going out with friends. It's an extra minute or two, but then I'm always comfortable and I'm not making any sacrifices compared to driving a car. With any other bike i would have had to add a top box (Which I don't love the look of) to have this same convenience.

I'm extremely happy with my purchase, but grant that I'm still in the honeymoon phase in terms of time.

No remorse on buying the NC. Some remorse for not having enough time to ride lately but I'm working to remedy that. I've owned several Moto Guzzi's and do miss the shaft drive a bit. The last chain drive bike I had was in the early 70's. I would have paid extra for a shaft drive NC, but I don't think Honda could sell them at that price in the necessary numbers. The NC probably has the least HP of any bike I have ever owned, but it is by far the most enjoyable to ride. I am beginning to think the average MC sold today is a little silly and caters to "boy racers" and the "mine is bigger than yours" crowd, at least in the US. Years from now people will be looking back and wondering why everyone used to ride high revving, mega HP bikes.

To be honest when I first purchased my NC I was constantly looking at other bikes that I thought I should have bought but after 4500 miles the NC has totally won me over!

I was very c

I am new to riding (a couple small bikes in the 70's & 80's). This is my third year of almost 10k miles riding per year. I find myself more and more happy with my choices... to start with a 2013 CRF250L that gets me around and offroad (it's just plain fun to ride), then to add a low mileage 2013 NCx (which I'm letting my son use now), and last summer's purchase of a NEW 2013 DCT! I really feel fortunate in these decisions. I think it whenever I ride. I'm planning some long trips this summer to try out the new Trax panniers and topbox... and riding some with my boys!
Oh, and both NC's feel good on gravel roads and a few trails... especially the DCT. It seems to me to have adventure riding potential... well, plenty adventurous for MY skills.

Last edited:
I had my NC over about two and a half years..While I enjoyed it I never properly bonded with the bike,could not get myself to explote the handling to the limit,and so lost interest.I was not actually looking for a another bike ,when I visited a take a Truimph dealer to take a peep at the new 800.Well (as you do) I looked at all the machines including second hand bikes,and fell for a BMW R1200RT.I have never owned a BM before .I never had a test ride but I layed down the deposit and have never looked back.The main issue for me with the NC is the chain drive,,I think it just does not suit the bike,,,maybe belt would have been better..

The main issue for me with the NC is the chain drive,,I think it just does not suit the bike,,,maybe belt would have been better..

chain drive??? most bikes are chain drive...what's wrong with chain? cheap, easy to repair or replace, light weight.

Back