• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

older fat guy dreaming

Fredtoo, I bought my bike in July. I have 1800 miles on it so far. I wanted a bike with ABS but was indifferent about the DCT. This is a great bike. The DCT works flawlessly. BTW, I weigh 205lbs. and the bike has plenty of power. If you want to ride go for it!

I've had cruisers and I have my NC700X. I perfer my NC700X, because I wanted a bike, that I had more control over the road. I"m 61 5'8", 260lbx. So, I'm very heavy (fat). Doesn't seem to make much of a difference though. If You are looking for comfort, and a relaxing ride on roads that are straight, You just can't beat a correctly setup Cruiser. I do miss the Cruiser when going down the interstate, however, when I get into the twisties, I feel much more comfortable with my NC700. Also, going on quick trips to the store is allot more fun and easier on the NC700 then a big Cruiser.

I see a pattern here it seems everyone that really appreciates the NC is in... lets say later years. Being one of those guys (68 - 195lbs) my new to me 2012 NC700x does all I want to do very well. It has become my Swiss Army Knife of motorcycles. Since I have purchased it I sold two other bikes that I just no longer need. Mine is the manual model, I was looking for a used DCT model but couldn't find one. If and when I replace this bike it will probably be for a new DCT model.

I see a pattern here it seems everyone that really appreciates the NC .

For me the NC700 is a good choice. I’m also heavy at around 260lbs at 5’ 8” and 61 years old. The NC700 has one of the lowest, if not the lowest stock seat height of any adventure bike. It’s well balanced and with a low center of gravity being on your tiptoes at a light isn’t as much of a problem as with other bikes. Also (except perhaps for insurance) is economical, and one can easily do their own maintenance on the bike, including valve adjustments, if one is even slightly mechanically inclined. It handles well, and unless You are in a hurry or wish to travel at high speeds (85+) has adequate power. It’s also a fun bike to ride.
However, IMHO, the one feature that is really missing from theNC700 is good off road performance. It’s adequate if doing light off road use, but if You are planning on doing regular off rode riding (especially with others), then I would consider looking at other bikes along with the NC700, like the Suzuiki 650 Vstrom. I tested out several bikes before selecting the NC700, and for me, it’s worked out very well, and I’m very happy with it, but those that are looking for more power, better suspension, more accessories, or a better off road bike, they might prefer something other then a NC700.

If looking for a bike with an auto transmission, then the NC700 with the Auto Transmission option, may look much more attractive as there are few bikes available that has that feature.

mreric,

My wife says I'm too much of a party animal and chick magnet when I'm slim so she loads up the trough with stuff I love! Life is good......

I am a chick magnet too, but it seems the last couple of decades or so that someone has been demagnetizing all the chicks.

a lot of you guys that responded to this thread...remember, weekend of May 20, we are getting together...Kickstand Lodge, Stecoah, NC. Bunch of OFG's on NC700's

a lot of you guys that responded to this thread...remember, weekend of May 20, we are getting together...Kickstand Lodge, Stecoah, NC. Bunch of OFG's on NC700's

Be sure to post reminders. May 2016 seems like a long ways off, but I'd like to be there.

Heck, I should just move to Stecoah. I like it there.

Back