• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Photo Contest – Winter Season (for 2014 Calendar)

wgwgoldwing

So long folks!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Let’s do a photo contest for the next calendar. Submit wintery photos to this thread during the winter season (12/21/12 though 3/19/13). Those that like your photo can vote by “liking” your post with the image. At the end of the winter season (3/19/13), I’ll lock the thread. The six images with the most “likes” will be added to a poll. I will open a poll thread listing those top six images. In the poll thread, everyone one will be able to vote on one image. The poll will be open for two weeks so that everyone will have a chance to vote. Contestants can also use the poll thread to campaign (nicely) and try to win votes. The top three in the poll will be featured in the winter months of the 2014 calendar.

Some important points to keep this contest manageable:
1. Post only one picture per post. This is important so that the individual images can be “liked” versus a group of images. Feel free to post as many images as you want, just put them in separate posts.
2. Feel free to “like” any post, but only posts with single images will be counted toward the contest. If someone posts an image and says something with that image you like and you “like” it, you just “liked” the image too.
3. Winter season – 12/21/12 through 3/19/13
4. Spring season – 3/20/13 through 6/20/13
5. Summer season – 6/21/13 through 9/20/13
6. Fall season – 9/20/13 through 11/15/13
7. The fall season is cut short to have time for final poll, getting the images to the printer, and shipping prior to the New Year. This should hopefully take the pressure off of C.J. if he is still around and willing to manage that end again.
8. At the end of each season, a new thread for the next season will be opened.

Seems like a lot, but I think after the first season and the first poll is over, it will all make sense. I’ve seen other sites do similar things like photo of the month. But they were more for bragging rights. This will actually produce a product that everyone can enjoy.

Well, there it is. I’d say go ahead and start posting winter images now, even though it’s not technically winter yet. I think out 2013 calendar submission time is over. Oh, and by submitting an image to this thread, you agree to have that photo used in a non-profit calendar.

WGW

Gee. What a northern hemisphere centric view of the world!

Just kidding. Amazing though at the way this forum through the magic of the internet makes worldwide associations possible.

Gee. What a northern hemisphere centric view of the world!

Just kidding. Amazing though at the way this forum through the magic of the internet makes worldwide associations possible.

Yep the magic of the net is amazing. For example I met my wifey of 12 years in an Australian chatroom. She actually comes from Racine WI and I from London. I know it has become a common story but still feels pretty special :)

Last edited:
Back