• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

pillion seat upgrade

jrw

Reaction score
Visit site
I just got off the phone with Corbin seats VERY disappointed. After eyeing the pillion seat for over a year I called to confirm that the pillion seat is compatible with the stock front seat... THAT IS NOT THE CASE! I have NO issues with the stock seat and am not willing to pay over $300 for a seat that would be uncomfortable on a sport ride (leaning/sliding your rump from side to side, the stock seat is great for this) When my wife and I go touring she complains (for good reason) about the seat, look at the thing, Its tiny! I have searched and searched to no avail for a decent pillion seat only upgrade. Are my google search skills just not up to the task or am I really searching for something that doesn't exist? At this point im open to a custom seat etc. Any advice is appreciated, thanks in advance. :confused:
pencils.jpg

Sargent seats rebuilt my front and did some minor modification to the rear back in 2012. Might be worth giving them a call and seeing if their custom seat group can fix you up. The way their custom seat program works is that you send them the stock seat, so you would be without the passenger seat for a week or two. You don't have to worry about it fitting, since they use the stock seat pan, but you do have to send it in to them.

At any rate, it may be worth a call to see what they have to say. All the contact information is listed on the Sargent Seats website.

Bob

The Shad seat set includes a passenger section. It's the same size as the stock, but the pan, foam and cover are made by Shad. I can't say if it improves over stock, but it's an option for you. Unfortunately you need to buy Bo the front and rear as a set.

Sargent's rear section is just a new cover, unless you want to go with their custom services. Seat Concepts has no passenger seat.

The BMS pillion seat isn't worth the upgrade either. The wife road on back for about four hours and around hours three she kept moving to adjust her seated position because her butt was getting sore. My personal opinion is the dang seat is so small your pretty much screwed unless you get something like a Russell All Day Long where they actually increase the size of the seat.

That Buttybuddy thing looks pretty neat and "only" $149. Has anyone tried it on a NC700? Can you get to the gas filler without taking it off?

I have not used this nor have I seen it but I'll say this. If you have the OEM top box you may not be able to lock your seat in the upright position. This is only with the OEM top box because it seems to be mountedfurther forward that every other option.

I say that because with the BMS pillion I have to force mine. This looks to sit even higher. You would either have to remove it or hold your piullion seat up for fueling. I could be wrong. Just want to throw that out there.

There is a couple in OK that have it. They don’t strap it to the seat and only use the legs that keep it from sliding. He holds the buttybuddy while she climbs on and stands on the pegs, he hands it to her and she places it on the seat behind her. They reverse the routine for dismounting. If I remember correctly, the sides of the buttybuddy fold in and it will then fit in the frunk. After talking to them, it is on my list to get.

The BMS pillion seat isn't worth the upgrade either. The wife road on back for about four hours and around hours three she kept moving to adjust her seated position because her butt was getting sore. My personal opinion is the dang seat is so small your pretty much screwed unless you get something like a Russell All Day Long where they actually increase the size of the seat.

BMS didn't widen the rear seat when they did it? That seems very strange, they certainly widened my front seat (I don't carry passengers, so I wasn't concerned about the back), and I seem to recall watching them do a full on pillion upgrade on a BMW that was also in at the same time. I suppose on the NC they'd have to be careful how it was done so it didn't interfere with fueling. You're right though, bigger is better in this case.

BMS didn't widen the rear seat when they did it? That seems very strange, they certainly widened my front seat (I don't carry passengers, so I wasn't concerned about the back), and I seem to recall watching them do a full on pillion upgrade on a BMW that was also in at the same time. I suppose on the NC they'd have to be careful how it was done so it didn't interfere with fueling. You're right though, bigger is better in this case.

I'm not so sure it is wider but is definitely taller which brought on the commet about most likely having to remove the buttybuddie.

Edit: Refering to the pillion not being wider. The primary seat is.

View attachment 17989

Last edited:
Back