• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Potential owner from NC

TCinNC

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All- I'm a new member from North Carolina. I've been perusing your forum for a while reading all of your opinions on this new Honda. I currently ride an 08 Yamaha FJR, but I'm strongly considering downsizing, and the NC700 is at the top of my list. Don't get me wrong, I really like the FJR, but it's getting to be to much bike, especially considering 90% of my riding is a 40 mile round trip commute to work. I do day rides occasionally, and a couple of trips to the mountains every year too.
My biggest concern is protection from the elements. Those of you that came off bigger sport touring bikes such as the FJR, I'd like your thoughts on this aspect of your bike. I'm also curious as to how many of you were able to get a demo ride before you bought. I can't make an informed decision to give up my Feej without a demo ride. Thanks in advance.

Terry

Hi Terry welcome from the UK. It's true that you will miss the weather protection of the FJR to a certain extent although an after market screen & handguards will help with this. I'm sure that you find that the NChas been good qualities other than just it's excellent fuel figures

I bought the NC after commuting with my GL1200 Goldwing. As for weather protection on the NCX, there is none compaired to my wing.
I couldn't get a demo on mine because they were spoken for already. If you didn't put a deposit on one already, you missed the boat.
I will get a large Cal-Sci windshield for weather protection for mine, and make some lower weather protection for my legs.
Honda NC700X NC700S Windshields
CalSci NC700.jpg

beemerphile has a pic of some lowers he made for his NCX. It may take a while for me to find it.
But that is something like I want.

I bought the NC after commuting with my GL1200 Goldwing. As for weather protection on the NCX, there is none compaired to my wing.
I couldn't get a demo on mine because they were spoken for already. If you didn't put a deposit on one already, you missed the boat.
I will get a large Cal-Sci windshield for weather protection for mine, and make some lower weather protection for my legs.
Honda NC700X NC700S Windshields
View attachment 1219

beemerphile has a pic of some lowers he made for his NCX. It may take a while for me to find it.
But that is something like I want.

Thanks for the info TurboDiesel. So, do you mean the dealers in your area wouldn't let you have a demo ride unless you put a deposit on a bike?

Back