• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pricing in California

geez ... on the same boat, no dealer in bay area want to lower the price below 10K for the 2014 NC700x DCT.
the one want to lower the price does not have the stock and scratch their head try to get one from another.
from what i read on different state, the difference is quite significant in term of OTD.

Hey All,

I was at the dealer where I bought NaNCy at earlier today. They sent me a discount certificate in the mail that's why I was there. I saw 2 2013 NC700Xs out in the display area, one was NaNCy's twin. Take a look at their "Listed Pricing" on this same year and model within a 8 month period, see the image below. Gets you thinking of what "Crack" are they smoking.

NC700X-PriceChanges.jpg

If someone nearby wants a 2013, Red Manual Trans or Silver DCT, then come down and see these guys. Be advised that this dealer is well known for shady activity. The price is negotiable to a degree, how far I cannot tell you. The Costco Vehicle Buy Program is an option. Just be prepared to have to go down to the dealership to meet with the salesman in person due to the changes in the program to get the pricing and all the hidden price gouging on the sales contract.

I dont have a big problem with paying MSRP, but those other costs are just out of line

I told you this dealership does some "Shady" stuff.

I bought a 2014 CB1000R about 5 weeks ago or so from Honda of Glendale. I only paid $454 for the prep and setup, nothing else like I had shown you all on sales tag from Honda of North Hollywood. I do understand that a business needs to make money on each sale, but there's a line that some have crossed over by miles.

I live in Calif. and went to Ariz. to buy. The local dealer was $1500 higher, as I recall, than the Ariz. Price. ($7,300)
'had to do some registering and paperwork with the Auto Club, but it was worth going out of state.

I live in Calif. and went to Ariz. to buy. The local dealer was $1500 higher, as I recall, than the Ariz. Price. ($7,300)
'had to do some registering and paperwork with the Auto Club, but it was worth going out of state.

As I mentioned many times before, I did not paid both the Freight and Prep charges shown in the image from February in my earlier post. I also got over $650 off the listed of the Retail Price too. I save over $2,500 off of their listed pricing… :)

I paid $9600 OTD. Normal right up was mid $10,500ish. They either take down the MSRP which looks appealing and get you with dealer prep fees or eliminate dealer prep fees and charge you near MSRP + Tax. I didn't push as I do business with this establishment and like motorcycle insurance leads. I figured if I sell a few policies I'll make up some $. They probably still made $450-600 but there's not a lot of money in bikes.

I just get the 2014 DCT black last weekend.
from the final write up, as i recall, they write with the bike itself for price of $7100-ish, so they make quite a good profit from ~$7100+fees to $8499 MSRP.
from those total they add their line of prep/handling/tax/freight and come out to $9500 OTD.
I try to push to get 5 year honda maintenance with that price but not able to get anywhere nearby.

Last edited:
I just get the 2014 DCT black last weekend.
from the final write up, as i recall, they write with the bike itself for price of $7100-ish, so they make quite a good profit from ~$7100+fees to $8499 MSRP.
from those total they add their line of prep/handling/tax/freight and come out to $9500 OTD.
I try to push to get 5 year honda maintenance with that price but not able to get anywhere nearby.

Yeah, I believe I called the place you bought that black one. I worked for a Honda Dealer for 10 years and told him to straight shoot me. He told me that $9500 otd was his price even though his add was super appealing on Craigslist at $7100. You either take it from the MSRP or take it off from the dealer fees. I think $9500 is fair. And although we'll lose a couple thousand right off the bat, we have a sick motorcycle and it's brand NEW!!!! Love the DCT.

Back