• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Puig Windsheild

Don

Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a Puig windshield this Spring, just in time for the new riding season.
... Here are a few thoughts.

I think there is less buffeting vs the windshield I cut from an old Burgman 400 Windscreen
Still quite loud and rumbling. I ordered a full face helmet (Time for a new one anyway) and that helped the rumbling. Still pretty loud though.

Today my Puig deflector arrived but with out the adjustable clips. Apparently not included in this Ebay purchase. Anyway a friend of mine just bolted his deflector on and I thought I would try that. First impression is that I think I can actually hear my bike a little now up to about 80km/hr. Time will tell. I haven't tried ear plugs yet as it was a short ride into town.

The clips are from an old deflector, only it had a different spacing than the Puig so could use it. I'm just using them as washers to protect from cracking.

Overall doesn't look too bad and make a big improvement.
Not to shabby for $38.00

Don

IMG_2313 Edit.jpgIMG_2312Edit.jpgIMG_2315edit.jpg

I own a Puig windshield and clip-on visor. My feeling is no matter what you do there will be some turbulent wind. Obviously, height differences will cause varied results. The clip-on that normally comes with the visor do push the visor a bit more forward and they allow you to tilt the visor at a desired angle. Will this help? I couldn't tell you but probably not much.

I've found a sweet spot with the Puig windshield. If I set straight up and down in a very relaxed position it cuts out most of the turbulence. I know everyone is thinking "that this is my normal riding position" but I have a tendency to lean a tad bit forward. Keep in mind, I have Rox Risers so they allow me to lean back a little further than someone with standard risers. See if you can find that sweet spot and if the wind really starts to bother you just lean back in get in that comfort zone.

I installed the clip-on visor on mine and it makes a big difference. I use to experience quite a bit of buffering and now it's gone. I also like the fact that on very hot days, you can put the visor in an horizontal position and have more air flow at your head and cool you off... You just have to play with the different adjustment positions, easy to do even while riding. the support and mechanical system to set the visor to various settings is very well made and throughout. FYI, I am 5'9".

I had a Puig Touring windshield on my NC and liked it. Wished it was a bit wider which would help keep buffeting off arms and torso. But great improvement over stock windshield. Did not have clip on portion. Note: When it wrecks it definitely snaps right off since it is acrylic and not poly carbonate.

I have the Puig also with the clip on deflector. Tried it first without the deflector and it was unbearable (wind straight at the helmet, unbearably loud). Deflector makes the Puig workable. But not happy about the amount of money I ended up spending. I probably should have just ordered a Madstad in the first place.

Back