• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Pumping Rear brake handle, no action..?

Integrator

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys..:cool:
Suddenly I Can pump the rear brake handle (left side handle on the DCT) with no or very little effect??
Whats happening ?

I have pulled the Master and the brake piston out to check!
No problems all’s normal, no marks..
Put it all togethers, same same - no pressure!

Tried to pump for air in system - no air (after pumping 100ml. Of fresh brake fluid into and out of system..!!)
NO spill or droppings from the system!

Help - new territorry for me? What to do next..??
Pliiise.. :p

Isn't the rear parking break activated by cable ? It is a separate piston on the rear caliper, totally separate from foot pedal.

Bleeding brakes on Integra would be the same as bleeding brakes on other NCs with rear brake pedal. The only difference is that Integra has left hand operated lever instead. Does your model have combined brakes (CBS)? If so, then the process is somewhat more complex than just bleeding the rear brake line. You need to bleed front brake center bleed valve first and then rear brake.

@ #5
Dreamer! :rolleyes: Right!
Yes it is the combined brake system (As I’ve had learned to love a LOT ;) Breaking hard in the middle of a sharp turn and in acceleration :eek::eek::eek: IS possible! - Thank you, Thank you Honda ;) )

So you mean I should bleed the brakes in front first..??
Pulling the rear brake lever..?? (Hence the “combi”) :rolleyes:
Or the front AND the rear lever at the same time..??

Bleeding brakes on Integra would be the same as bleeding brakes on other NCs with rear brake pedal. The only difference is that Integra has left hand operated lever instead. Does your model have combined brakes (CBS)? If so, then the process is somewhat more complex than just bleeding the rear brake line. You need to bleed front brake center bleed valve first and then rear brake.

I´ve just gone throug bleeding procedure front to back and back again..!:eek:
And guess what..? Tadaa.! Succes - my new best friend ;)

I need to understand the Inner souls of the machines around me, - and I was not euite ready to interigate the whole Honda Engineering staff.. :)
So you saved the Day, week, month..:p you get it..
My biggest problem now is, where to send the keg of beer you just have won.. ;)

And why is’nt “how to bleed theese special brakes” in the owners manual under troubleshooting..?? Hmmm.. :cool:

I’m glad I could be of some help mate. And being in Europe less than 1200 km south from your location, I may take you up on your offer of beer some day ;)

"...And why is’nt “how to bleed theese special brakes” in the owners manual under troubleshooting..."

There are all sorts of reasons to NOT provide brake bleeding information in an Owner's Manual. :(

Last edited:
Back