• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rainy season in NC700x style

it won't help for a few more years... but if I recall back to the future correctly clothing will have an auto dry feature by 2015...

Might be able to hack something together with a modified blow dryer...

Gonepaddling, I was so excited to see someone else going down the same road as me. I have very similar needs as yours and am a year round rider. Started with cheap Trackside hand guards to block the wind. Then ordered Hippo Hands. I just installed my Hippo Hands that, upon installation only (no ride yet), seem like they will be fantastic. We'll see and I'll keep you posted in a few days of riding in the wet and cold. I am looking into what are called bike or leg aprons, or tabliers in France (in French translates to apron). I posted some days back about them. There are a few companies that make them (Tucano Urbano, Bagster, OJ, Puig and some others) but they all seem to be in Europe. Maybe I'm wrong about that. They are very common on scooters but it have found that a lot of motorcycle riders use them too. I can't say I have any practical real world experience with them... limited to 2nd hand accounts from the internet. But it seems that a lot of people use them for just what you are talking about. Really wish I could find someone I know or on this forum who has used them and could give me a real break down f their experience. What do ya think?

Hey.. I read your post the other day and looked up the Tucano Urbano!
I saw scooter riders in Paris about 8 years ago all nice and warm below faux fur lined covers. It seemed like a very smart idea!
My one complaint about the drunk on my bike is that the water tend to run along the recess for the lid and end up making it look as if I peed myself ;(

I'd love to hear what you think of the Hippo Hands... I've seen someone on the forum mention them a while ago. Seems like a great idea!

for me the worst wet weather is when its drizzle,it seems to penetrate much easier than it was pouring down.
at least you can see where your going if it pours but difficult if its drizzling.

images

for me the worst wet weather is when its drizzle,it seems to penetrate much easier than it was pouring down.
at least you can see where your going if it pours but difficult if its drizzling.

Put both of these together and it is a PITA. Road to work this morning with heavy rainfall and thunderstorms rolling through the Little Rock area. I was Ok on the back roads although my pinlock was trying to fog. Humidity is at 94% this morning.

The rains increased as I got on the interstate and now I have to deal with the spray from all the semi-trucks. There is no avoiding them or it. You can't hang back a bit to get clear of the spray because there are so many trucks. Just try and deal with it and hope there is not a wreck in front of you. You'll never see it until it is to late.

So much for my dome and gloom. It was a terrible ride in this morning. But hey, I rode. And I was dry. All is good.

I used the Oxford Bone Dry Muffs Oxford Bone Dry Handle Bar Muffs | eBay
They worked fine when it was cold, but they worked excellent when it was raining. My hands were completely dry. Only had 2 problems with them: they blocked my view to the disclock (iSlander - YouTube for the video) and speeds over 120kph one of the muffs pushed the clutch in a bit, speeds over 130kph and I noticed the problem, because tachometer showed the revs were at max, then came down a bit and then again hit revlimiter. Later I noticed that one of the muffs had moved a bit, and that caused the problem. Speeds less than 110kph and no problems...

This is where my gear has been parked the last two days at work. I've been caught in heavy downpours with thunder and lighting the last two days while riding to work. I have the Firstgear Kathmandu jacket and pants. The gloves are the Firstgear Master Gloves. The suit has kept me bone dry. The suit is now a year old and holds up to 30 minutes of very heavy rain. I cannot vouche for time periods over that. The only problem with this suit is it is now getting to hot to wear it. It is either time to buy a good waterproof summer suit or go back to my mess gear and pray for clear skies.

20140514_111308.jpg

Back