• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Raleri anti-fog visor inserts

GunNut37086

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I mentioned in another thread that I'm trying out an alternative to a pin lock lens. For those of you not familiar it's an anti-fog device that creates the motorcycle visor equivalent of a double-pane window. Last time I checked Scorpion hadn't released the pin lock visor for my helmet, but it's on the way and they are very proud of it. Proud of it to the tune of $50 for the visor and another $30 for the insert. I've got mey eye on too many other sparkly things to spend that kind of dough on an experiment.

I couldn't find a retailer, so I went directly to Raleri's website. I got a clear one and a HD one for $40 shipped. Here's what they look like if anyone is interested.

This is the HD version on my helmet, sorry for the low light. I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow, if I can remember.
20160815_2216111.jpg

I got a spare in clear and plan to put it on a spare visor I'm about to order.
20160815_2202581.jpg

Now I can't wait for the next rainy day to see how well they work.

Anti-fog faceshields are a touring must. So many times in the hard rain, the anti-fog faceshield has got me to a safe place in which to pull over. I just would not ride with out an anti-fog faceshield.

Anti-fog faceshields are a touring must. So many times in the hard rain, the anti-fog faceshield has got me to a safe place in which to pull over. I just would not ride with out an anti-fog faceshield.

Until about 4 months ago I felt the same way, but my riding mate persuaded me that for 95% of the time you don't need a pinlock, and why not have a better view of the traffic until you need one. So I bought a Nolan N40 full classic which has a phenomenally wide angle of view and somehow Nolan make their visors so no matter what you do with them you don;t seem to get surface scratches on them.
The other thing I realised was that using my Schuberth with the pinlock fitted in low sun in winter, I usually needed the inner sun visor down as well. Now I'm looking through 6 surfaces and the pinlock surface is soft and inevitably gets little scratches even though in never rub it. The Nolan has a peak and it's amazing how that cuts out so much light that you rarely need to use the inner visor. So with the new helmet I'm only generally looking through two surfaces.
.... and the pinlock for the Nolan is curled up nicely in the not-tank for the other 5 % of the time.
Mike

I use a pinlock on my C3 Pro. My first helmet had no antifog feature. I really like the pinlock and don't find that it affects clear weather vision, but it sure works when the temp and humidity, and breath, combine to fog the visor.

It is, however, pricey. But then I've learned every damned thing associated with a motorcycle is pricey. Makes golf look cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using a Raleri insert for over a year on my Bell Revolver visor (the anti-fog coating the Bell came with was good but started to degrade over time) and I would recommend it highly.

The other brands I used prior to this one were a lot flimsier and harder to install correctly (although I got better at it with practice). The Raleri looks and feels identical to a genuine Pinlock insert, just with an adhesive border instead of pins.

Back