• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Ready to Roll!!

Pikester

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everybody,

I'm picking up a new 2016 NC700X DCT next Tuesday, and am excited to get it. I am flying to Phoenix & riding back to Rio Rancho, New Mexico. I have a Goldwing that I love, so this will be my commute to work & cruising around town bike. Any immediate upgrades anybody can recommend? I know stock seats on most bikes are always pretty rough after a few hours, but how is this one?

Ride safe,
Pikester

Congrats, my other bike is a goldwing. I like my nc 700dct better in the warm months for short and 800 mile day tours.

Madstad shield and bead rider will help

Thanks Mister K! I think I watched your video over on the GL1800 site, where you rode from Texas up through New Mexico. Some pretty crazy water crossings if I remember right.

Congratulations. My other bike is a ST1300. I ride them both either a few hours or a few days. Dayrides and 1000 and 1500 mile IBA rides. I modified the OEM seat on the first NC by raising the front of the seat to flatten the seating area then eventually went to a Sargent seat. The second NC I farkled up right away based on what worked on the first one. Madstad system, heated grips, Sargent, SW Motech Alu Rack and pannier racks, Ram balls for GPS, Spot tracker, phone, 12 volt outlet in frunk.

Sounds like a pretty nice ride dduelin! I've had sergeant seats on some of my past bikes & I really liked them. While I am thinking about it, are there any special things I need to know about breaking-in the new bike? I know some manufacturers don't want you to exceed 3000 rpm for the first 500 miles.

Honda has no break-in requirements that I recall. I'd take it easy on brake pads for a hundred miles or so just like any new pad replacement.

My dealer suggested easy acceleration (i.e. stay away from redline) and no hard braking for the first few hundred miles. Pretty typical stuff for any vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Goldwing that I love, so this will be my commute to work & cruising around town bike. Any immediate upgrades anybody can recommend?

Great commuter bike. I ride year round here in Arkansas and use my bike strictly for commuting around the greater Little Rock area. This bike is such a good commuter bike that I can't imagine driving a car and avoid it at all costs. People have already eluded to replacing the seat and windscreen. If you plan to commute, I might suggest adding some storage to secure your gloves, suit, and helmet. commuting would be a bit more difficult if I didn't have my panniers and top box. Especially in the winter since the suit is much thicker. I would also add a phone cradle and either a 12V port or USB port to power your phone. Those are the mods I use the most.

Hey everybody,

I'm picking up a new 2016 NC700X DCT next Tuesday, and am excited to get it. I am flying to Phoenix & riding back to Rio Rancho, New Mexico. I have a Goldwing that I love, so this will be my commute to work & cruising around town bike. Any immediate upgrades anybody can recommend? I know stock seats on most bikes are always pretty rough after a few hours, but how is this one?

Ride safe,
Pikester
I use my NC for commuting. The things I use daily are my side cases and my heated grips (I leave for work between 12 at night and 3 in the morning depending on my start time for that day) other comforts are seat mods, that's all preference. I leveled my seat and added a sit-n-fly seat cover it helps avoid swamp butt and adds a little extra cushion. I've also got a auto chain oiler that makes life easier but wether or not you need or want one is debatable. I'll be adding some auxiliary lights soon, I'll add that to a different post to let you guys know how that turns out

Howdy from Texas! Do not lock the throttle down in the same place for long distance the first 600 miles (oil pump). Most folks do not do this anyway. As Dave said no other Honda break-in suggestions.

Thanks for all the replies everybody, but I just found out my son lost his job, so I am going to have to hold off on the bike. The guys at Western Honda in Scottsdale were great to deal with & totally understood when I told them what was going on. The salesman was going to pick me up from the airport to make the deal that much easier.

Ride safe,
Pikester

Hey everybody. Well, it turns out my son did not lose his job (long story!), so I flew out to Phoenix & picked the bike up yesterday & rode it back over the past 2 days. So far, I am really impressed with this bike! I averaged 65 mpg, going anywhere from 45-70. I tried to stay on the back roads as long as I could, just because the scenery is better. The guys @ Western Honda in Scottsdale were super! I was in and out in about 30-40 minutes. Bike was gassed up & ready to go. Picked up a 2016 for a great price. Left Phoenix & it was 102, then about 1-2 hours out, there was snow on the side of the road & it was raining cats & dogs! One thing I am definitely going to change is the seat. I am 6'5" and it felt like I was sliding towards the front of the bike the whole time. Also, when I got home, I went & washed the bike and saw that I was getting a flat. I tried to plug it with my dynaplug,but it still has a very slow leak. Guess I am going to have to order a new rear tire. It has the Dunlop Trailmax D609, which I am having a hard time finding. Has anybody ordered one online? Sorry for the long post, but pretty excited about the new ride.
Ride safe,
Pikester

Back