• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Really hot. Do you you ride?

I will ride in any temp.
If is heavy rain or snow/ice that stops me.
I want to ride on the pavement, not be part of it.
Coldest I ever rode in was 8 degrees (F).
The old 1992 Honda Shadow fought it at the start but it finally warmed up to the idea.

God bless!!

Michael

FL.
HOT.
HUMID.
I just don't ride much in summer.
I don't have the new "underwear" and I don't really belive it will keep me comfortable enough.
Dave, I don't know how you do it.
I ride around my neighborhood in the evenings at under 25mph in Crocs, shorts and a T-shirt.
I just can't take it.

Everyone is different. I don't mind being hot or cold, though cold is painful to my hands due to broken bones.
I spend a lot of time outdoors, though, and I have noticed people who don't can be very sensitive to temps.

Also it seems like as summer goes on each year my body sort of throws a switch and finds a new comfort temperature range, sort of like a gear shift.

I ride year round, but with the right equipment. Cold in electric gear, hot in cooling vest. Visit the TV rooms in truck stops, or movie theaters for super heat or cold. Just do it, RIDE..................................

Last edited:
I don't like to ride when it's over 100. Even over about 95, I'd rather not go for a long ride. That being said, I just finished (today) a ride from southern Colorado to Houston. It started getting pretty hot about an hour from the Texas border. I put a cupholder on the bike specifically to hold a water bottle so I could pour it on my shirt without stopping. As long as the humidity isn't too high, it feels like turning on the AC. Once the humidity picked up at about Temple, the wet shirt didn't provide as much relief.

Been riding a lot of days that start out at around 60 to 70 F and quickly get to 90 to 100 F, in Joe Rocket mesh jacket and pants, with active sports wicking t-shirt and skivvies. Not bad at all, and a quick stand-up will really aid you --and when not moving light colors really help too. Last year I did a 104 degree day in off-road conditions where you work a lot harder -- but sitting at intersections for a bunch of minutes on hot tarmac surrounded by lots of vehicles is no treat either...

I will ride in any temp.
If is heavy rain or snow/ice that stops me.
I want to ride on the pavement, not be part of it.
Coldest I ever rode in was 8 degrees (F).
The old 1992 Honda Shadow fought it at the start but it finally warmed up to the idea.

God bless!!

Michael

You've got me beat. My low temp. record is 18dF for about 45 minutes at 65mph. Vulcan 800 with windshield. No heated gear, regular jeans.

I tale quick trips like to the store and back as for a ling ride illhave to wait till it cools off.i won't ride without safety gear the heat index has been 105ish to hot for me when falls cooler weather comes I'll make up for it.we don't get snow in sc. So I can ride through most of the winter. Rubber side down
Kevin

Today it was over 100° here in Walnut Creek, California and I needed to go to Oakland to my office to do a little work. I waited for the temperature to come down before riding in but it was still over 100° at 7:00 so I gave up waiting and hopped on the NC. About 11 miles into my 17 mile freeway ride I reached the Caldecott tunnel which goes under the hills that separate Oakland/Berkeley from Contra Costa County. It is always cooler on the other side of the tunnel but today caught me by surprise. I had checked the Oakland temperature before leaving and it was supposedly 80°. Well, it wasn't. I entered one end of the 7/10 of a mile tunnel at 100° and popped out of the other side where it was 66°. I was wearing my lightest gear and it felt like I had ridden into a refrigerator. It wasn't miserably cold but the difference was shocking. I decided that I prefer warmer weather, gave up on going to the office, got off at the first exit and turned around and got my sorry weather-challenged butt back home.

I can ride comfortably in mesh gear up to about 93.
The problem is if I am making stops, running errands, or sitting in traffic. Then it is Toyota time.
As long as it is a continuous ride, say on lightly trafficked rural roads, the low 90s is ok.

Yeah, the traffic thing is something I couldn't deal with. Here in California we thankfully don't have to sit in traffic and can keep moving. If we didn't, I think I'd be in the truck and air conditioning.

I entered one end of the 7/10 of a mile tunnel at 100° and popped out of the other side where it was 66°. I was wearing my lightest gear and it felt like I had ridden into a refrigerator. It wasn't miserably cold but the difference was shocking. I decided that I prefer warmer weather, gave up on going to the office, got off at the first exit and turned around and got my sorry weather-challenged butt back home.

Wow, I could see myself doing the opposite. I would have been loving the 66*F and turned around and wimped out when I hit the 100. It's all what you're accustomed to and dressed for.

Used to chortle when I went down to winter NAMM shows in Anaheim. A day at Disneyland was part of the trade show ritual, and every year it was like this: Seattle Dude had cargo shorts and a hoodie or something; California Guy had a North Face Everest Expedition Parka on.

I can ride comfortably in mesh gear up to about 93.
The problem is if I am making stops, running errands, or sitting in traffic. Then it is Toyota time.
As long as it is a continuous ride, say on lightly trafficked rural roads, the low 90s is ok.

Yea, but what is your humidity?
We were in Alaska this summer and it was in the low 70s with low humidity and the Alaskans were falling out from the heat wave. I was in shorts and jacket (drizzel) and wife was long pants gloves and jacket with hood.

Humidity can be very high in northeast Oklahoma in the summer. In the other seasons it is not too bad. In August 95 degrees and 90% humidity are common. That just sucks all the enjoyment out of being outdoors.

Humidity can be very high in northeast Oklahoma in the summer. In the other seasons it is not too bad. In August 95 degrees and 90% humidity are common. That just sucks all the enjoyment out of being outdoors.
I was in Florida a week ago. First time I've experienced those conditions. Yeah it sucked. A sauna with sunshine working like a baking lamp and it feels like your walking around with a vapor cigarette in your mouth [emoji27]

Back