• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear Fender Installation

Rydinon

Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted more protection aft from water and dirt thrown up by the rear tire than what looked like to me, zip, zero, nothing from Honda. I saw this mini fender and thought it would at least protect the shock. I know there is another shortie that is positioned around 9 o'clock by somthingKomposit.

Dumb me, I did not take a before picture, but here is the item. Alas, all was not what I expected and I am not particularly pleased. Had I known I would have to cut the guide I would have explored alternatives before buying this item. Not only does the mfr expect you to modify the bike, but he did not include the rivet for the left side.

That side flange on the fender with two holes (shown in the ebay picture) is made to go where the Honda RR Brake Hose Guide goes. The problem is two solid objects cannot occupy the same space (some kind of ridiculous physical law or something). If you want the fender, you have to modify the stock guard that is under those two screws. The RRBHG is one piece with those two straps holding the brake hose fore and aft. I trimmed the straps off the OEM part. Some pics....

The fender, not quite installed:
IMG_7100.jpg

Right side of the bike: You cannot see the mounting in the above picture, so here is how it ends up. Those two brake hose straps shown below were cut off the guard. The fender's plastic flange lies flat along the swing arm under the straps.
IMG_7101.jpg

I cut those straps off the guard and carefully trimmed them w/ a razor knife. If you try this please be very careful - I stuck a wood chisel into my thumb two weeks ago and got 3 stitches. Not recommended, but I could see doing the same thing again. I cut those straps off the aforementioned guard with a small Makita recip saw with a hacksaw blade. You could simply use side cutters (diagonal cutters for wire or tin snips) too and then trim the rough edge with a matte knife. Here is the remainder of the plastic guard. Those two straps were on the right and left (raw edge hidden by my thumb). I wanted to show the part number - the picture shows the underside of the guide.
IMG_7102.jpg

Here is the right side of the bike. I have yet to drill a small hole in the chain guard and use a plastic trim rivet to hold this side in place. This is necessary to pull the fender over so that it is centered on the tire.
IMG_7104.jpg

I have one of those one my bike and it’s pretty much useless for keeping the shock area clean plus it complicates cleaning the area it fails to keep clean. The simplest and most effective solution I found is to hang a rubber or plastic flap the width of the swing arm opening from the base of the fender. Make it long enough to extend below the swing arm in front of the rear tire. The problem with huggers is the tire flings stuff over the hugger anyway because it’s too short.

Last edited:
New 2024 DCT owner here, after a 35 year hiatus from riding bikes when the last accident left me unable to shift (no working motor nerves in the left leg below the knee), but that's a story for another thread.

I went with the aforementioned GP Kompozit rear fender/ mudguard; however, I went with the "long rear fender mudguard" as opposed to their regular (short fender) model that looks about the same size as most other brands. I'm old school and remember when most sport bikes had fenders like this.... yes, I know I'm almost as old as dirt. I not only like the look a WHOLE lot better than the shorties I saw, but I'm willing to bet it will do a much better job keeping dirty water, road grime and other crap off of the rear shock and everything else back there. The chain guard design (no holes, very complicated) will probably keep the majority of rain water and other road grime that gets flung up from the chain off of my back left pants leg also.

BTW, I had to cut those two little brake hose guides off of the OEM plastic guard also. It's the only way to use them.... that same "two solid objects cannot occupy the same space" thing, like he said.

I didn't take pictures while installing the fender, just before and after. We all know what "before" looks like, so here is after: left side with mudguard (we used to call them chain guards in my day, but they were made of metal back then), right side, and a picture of the NC after that first day of mods (two weeks after purchasing the bike) to give a better view of the fender with the whole bike.
First day of mods:
1. Honda centerstand
2. GP Kompozit long rear fender mudguard
3. Givi sport windscreen
4. T-Rex Racing radiator guard
5. Tank grips

GP Kompozit rear ender - left side.jpg

Attachments

• GP Kompozit rear fender - right side - small file size.jpg
    GP Kompozit rear fender - right side - small file size.jpg
    983.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 2024 NC750X after 1st Mods - small file size.jpg