• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear seat stuck with Front Corbin

chay03

Reaction score
Visit site
I just received my Corbin front seat. I installed and closed the rear seat. I had to use a little force but it doesn't want to open. I feel like the key is going to break if I turn to much.

I emailed Corbin but nothing yet.

Any advice?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Pushing down on the rear seat should help it release, it will get better over time, I don't have to touch mine anymore.

Thanks guys. After some pushing down on the seat, it opened right up. I don't get nervous about turning the key anymore. I still have to push on the seat a little but that will probably get better with time as others have said.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

I had the same issue when I installed my Corbin, though I also installed the Corbin rear seat as well. As others have suggested, pushing down on the front of the rear seat while turning the key should help, and yes, over time it will get easier. I also lubricated the exposed seat latch lugs with grease as recommended by Corbin, but I'm not sure how much that helped, but it certainly didn't hurt.

Unfortunately Corbin seats are plagued with fitment issues like this. Do a search on here for posts from around the year 2013 on and you will not be happy with what you read. Apparently their customer service is as poor as the fitment is on some of their seats, and that can be read on any forum. They can make a great form fitting seat and a few people have no problems, but my guess is it's their consistency with quality control and manufacturing. Very positive reports on ride-in appointments if that's possible for you. I will be going with a Shad next spring but they too have complaints with the rear seat fitment, but no where near the extent of Corbin.

Recently put a Corbin front seat on my bike and having same issue. No big deal. Corbin seat is a lot better than the stock one for sure.

Back