• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Rear Shocks. List the available Brands, models, and costs

There is also the Cogent Dynamic shock. It's an Ohlins body with spring & valving optimized for the NC and rider weight. It also adds adjustment for rebound damping. The base Ohlins omits rebound adjustment for almost the same price. I'm very happy with my Cogent suspension. The shock was apprx $680 a year ago.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Just ordered a Cogent rear shock today.......at similar price.

They were able to deliver in a two weeks or less.
Several of the other shocks you might be looking at 3-8 weeks for delivery.
When I talked to Hyperpro they were looking at the end of September.

Last edited:
I'm in the Cogent group. Had mine for a few months now. I must admit that while I adjusted for sag, I haven't touched the rebound adjustment.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

There is also the Cogent Dynamic shock. It's an Ohlins body with spring & valving optimized for the NC and rider weight. It also adds adjustment for rebound damping. The base Ohlins omits rebound adjustment for almost the same price. I'm very happy with my Cogent suspension. The shock was apprx $680 a year ago.

I don't see an NC700 shock on their site (other than the rather generic sounding rebuilt OEM). Is there a link?

I don't see an NC700 shock on their site (other than the rather generic sounding rebuilt OEM). Is there a link?

Give them a call........they will explain exactly what they can build in custom shock for your weight, riding style and use.
I started with an email here is their response:

"Thanks for your inquiry. We have an excellent custom shock for the NC700 that prices @ $639 including spring and needle thrust bearing.

We're a RaceTech center as well and GVEs in the forks work fairly well. We've developed a similar product (DDCs) based on what we thought were the shortcomings of the GVE system. Our damper dyno figures bear out an improvement and all our customer feedback does as well. If you'd like to consider switching, let me know. If you don't feel it's an improvement, just send them back and we'll refund your purchase price.

Our builds on our custom shocks are running at about 2-3 weeks currently. Give us a call and we can complete a build sheet for you and get started if you're ready. Let me know if you have any other questions. Looking forward to hearing from you."

Then I called and got more info and placed an order.

YSS shock for the NC, the least expensive with rebound adjustment that i've seen

Enviado do meu ASUS_Z00ED através de Tapatalk

Did you have to adjust the sag any? I put in the cogent rear, new front springs, and the drop in cartridges. Felt great after getting the sag set front and back.

What are the drop in cartridges - and do they allow you to adjust the preload in some way?
Mike

Did you have to adjust the sag any? I put in the cogent rear, new front springs, and the drop in cartridges. Felt great after getting the sag set front and back.

The rear sag was 30mm without adjustment so no need to adjust at this time. Tried a few different settings on the rebound but need more riding time to evaluate.

My front is setup with Racetech emulators and set sag prior when that work was done.

What are the drop in cartridges - and do they allow you to adjust the preload in some way?
Mike

I bought the complete Cogent 'fun pack'. I got the moab rear shock, stiffer, springs, new spacers and oil, and the DDCs from here: DDC Complete Package - Cogent Dynamics I really don't know what the DDCs bought me in terms of performance, but others liked them. So much changed it is hard for me to tell.

I adjusted front load by adjusting the length of the spacers. I don't know much here. That is why I was asking Showkey. I did have to adjust the rear shock sag to get everything the way I think it is supposed to be.

I almost bought the adjustable fork caps someone else mentioned. I think they were for the CB1100?

I have just received some nice looking seemingly well made fork pre-load adjusters from China for $30 and they came within 4 days to the UK. Looks like they will give about 10mm of preload adjustment
Mike

What happened to the Aprilia Tuono Shock swap with new spring? Would that not be a good alternative for GregC?

Is the basic aprilia shock that much better than the Honda shock that it's worth getting if you replace the spring on both? That is, should I just look at spring replacement on the Honda OEM shock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just found a Wilbers 640 on ebay (built to order for your weight) for $450 and free shipping. I'm seriously considering buying it at the price, but I'd like to get an experienced opinion.

I just found a Wilbers 640 on ebay (built to order for your weight) for $450 and free shipping. I'm seriously considering buying it at the price, but I'd like to get an experienced opinion.

you have a link? I didn't see any that inexpensive searching ebay.

Correct, the CB1100 adjustable caps screw right in. I have them on my NCX.

I was going to buy some of these but in the Uk they are £95 plus postage. What's that $130? Bit too expensive, but I got cold feet about the cheap ones I bought from China.
Mike

Back