• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Request for photos or video please...

cyrano138

Reaction score
Visit site
I would like to know how far to fill up the gas tank. The diagram in the manual is less than helpful. Thank you if anyone can help.

When you remove the filler cap you will see a plate with a hole in it. Just rest the nozle in the top of this and assuming that your pumps in the US have automatic cutoffs as the ones in the UK do you should be fine

I fill mine even with the plate located inside the tank about 1 inch below the filler neck. I would suspect over filling or "topping it off" above the plate would saturate and shorten the life of the charcoal canister. Not worth the hassle and replacement cost of the canister for an extra 6-8 ounces of fuel. It might take 20-30 fill ups or several years before saturation and problems, just not worth it. I have seen this happen to lots of cars over the years.

Last edited:
I fill mine even with the plate located inside the tank about 1 inch below the filler neck. I would suspect over filling or "topping it off" above the plate would saturate and shorten the life of the charcoal canister. Not worth the hassle and replacement cost of the canister for an extra 6-8 ounces of fuel.

Also once ithe fuel goes above the plate it spills out very quickly. Don't ask how I know lets just say it was the sort of hot day (rare in UK) that causes young lady cage drivers to wear skimpy attire :) :)

Back