• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Revamping the NC750

mercurydog47

Reaction score
Visit site
1. Extend the front fender downward. 2. Provide a tall screen as standard equipment. 3. Provide heated handgrips as standard. 4. Provide a 12v Socket inside the trunk as standard. 5. Make the seat as comfortable as the one on the NT1100. 6. Provide Cruise Control as standard. 7. Provide a centerstand as standard.
Do it. Make the 750 better because we will never see the NT 1100 on the North American continent.
And one more thing, try to find space somewhere to add 3/4 gallon fuel capacity.

Last edited:
1. Extend the front fender downward. 2. Provide a tall screen as standard equipment. 3. Provide heated handgrips as standard. 4. Provide a 12v Socket inside the trunk as standard. 5. Make the seat as comfortable as the one on the NT1100. 6. Provide Cruise Control as standard. 7. Provide a centerstand as standard.
Do it. Make the 750 better because we will never see the NT 1100 on the North American continent.
5 and 7 maybe. Not interested in any of the others.

Just be grateful we still have it at all. I can see it being deleted next year in Europe. It needs a big styling and instruments update to keep it relevant imo. Not sure Honda will do this, what with the E-clutch getting lot of (positive) headlines.

True the new e clutch will make the DCT kind of obsolete, although you still have to shift the e clutch if I'm not mistaken, you just don't have to use the clutch, even at a stop.

True the new e clutch will make the DCT kind of obsolete, although you still have to shift the e clutch if I'm not mistaken, you just don't have to use the clutch, even at a stop.
I’m not sure. The DCT is well-enough established that they may co-exist in different styles of bike. The Gold Wing, for example, I can see staying with the DCT. Maybe Africa Twin with e-clutch? Rebel could go either way.

As for the NC, I can’t imagine it will get any significant upgrades. One of its major features has always been a relatively low price point, and each upgrade erodes that. My gut feeling is that its days are numbered, at least in North America, especially if the European market stops buying them. It’s a bit of a niche item over here, and tastes are fickle. The market is full of ADV bikes that really are ADV bikes, and sport tourers that are actually sporty. It makes it hard to convince a buyer to go home with an NC. I love the thing, but maybe Honda should have called it the Marmite.

It may be poorly selling but I never see one on the showroom floor in any of the dealerships around me here in Northern California.
It is rare to see an NCX on the dealer floor in the Midwest, because from my observations, few dealers order them. Why would a dealer order a bike they can’t sell?

I think in the past 11.5 years, I have seen one, maybe two NCs in the wild within 50 miles of home. It is not a popular model.

My dealer orders NCs and keeps one or two in stock. I was there a few weeks ago and they had one next to the TransAlp I really wanted to see in person. When I went back last week both were gone.

My dealer orders NCs and keeps one or two in stock. I was there a few weeks ago and they had one next to the TransAlp I really wanted to see in person. When I went back last week both were gone.
I’m surprised they don’t have a demo Transalp that’s grounded. We do, and we’re a fairly small dealership. Much easier to sell them when you have a demo. Better yet, it means I can ride one when I want. :p

I’m surprised they don’t have a demo Transalp that’s grounded. We do, and we’re a fairly small dealership. Much easier to sell them when you have a demo. Better yet, it means I can ride one when I want. :p
That might be a local or Canadian thing. American Honda demo programs are few and far between.... I think the last one was the 6th generation Goldwing introduction February to June 2018.

That might be a local or Canadian thing. American Honda demo programs are few and far between.... I think the last one was the 6th generation Goldwing introduction February to June 2018.
We have grounded demos of: Goldwing, Transalp, Africa Twin. Most others are sold before arrival, or only show up one at a time.

Back